When it comes to managing your own social media you will be much more productive if you are organised.
Organised = Efficient.
Here are 5 tips on how to organise and source your content – your most important social media asset.
1. Use dropbox or Google drive – to create folders organised not categories such as blog posts/quotes/images/ where you can store all your content and access it online from anywhere. You can also share documents and folders with others.
2. Plan out your content in an editorial calendar – divide this into monthly themes, weekly and daily topics adding in any key events you have on throughout the year.
3. Use Hootsuite to schedule your content for the week/month ahead. I personally use Facebook’s own scheduling tool to schedule Facebook posts since it’s been said that using 3rd party apps within Facebook can potentially affect engagement levels.
4. Source relevant content from quality sources by following key people in your industry that you can share with your followers and fans.
5. Determine where you want to focus your social media effort. Which social media platforms are most important for your business? Decide how you’ll focus your effort on each network and set time aside each week to commit to your marketing activities.
Join me at my next workshop to be held at NAMA on Wednesday 4th Of December from 7-9.30pm. It’s a special Christmas themed event of Social Media, delicious raw food cuisine and mulled wine! Find out more and book your place here.