On my mission to create a series of wellness in the city guides, I’m in Paris for the summer discovering the best spa hotels, yoga studios and healthy places to eat. I spent a relaxing weekend from Saturday – Monday at the elegant and chic 4 star Lounge and Spa hotel MonHotel as a solo traveller.
I’d been travelling in Portugal and the South of France on a yoga retreats galore trip and the MonHotel provided the perfect landing in Paris. Located in the charming Parisian neighbourhood of the 16th arrondissement, near the prestigious Avenue Foch, tucked away down a quiet residential area only minutes away from the Arc de Triomphe, the most iconic of all French monuments.
The MonHotel is a boutique hotel with 36 rooms housed in a private townhouse. My deluxe room was a retreat in itself – peaceful with lots of natural light, a huge comfy bed which I was very happy to have all to myself and a pretty juliet balcony to enjoy a mojito on, shaken up by the MonBar cocktail lounge (it was a Saturday night after all!).
After a restful nights sleep, I was ready for my morning workout in the fitness room followed by a session in the hammam leaving me feeling refreshed and blissful on a Sunday morning!
Feeling hungry post workout a vegetarian breakfast was served to me in the room to enjoy al fresco on the balcony, it felt romantic even though I was alone! You’ll never run out of coffee here as the deluxe room comes with its own nespresso coffee machine so you can roll out of bed and hit the coffee button instead of the snooze button.
The MonHotel oozes style and sophistication with designer furniture, chandelier’s and retro style pop art. I am greeted by the dazzling smile of Marliyn Monroe in my room and Kate Moss’s back and face in the bar. I love how every floor is designed in a different colour, from Ferrari red to coral blue through orange to pistachio green.
As a woman travelling solo for business who loves to stay fit and healthy whilst in the city and at the same time run my business, I have certain criteria and the MontHotel fits the bill.
- It’s in a central position but away from the crowds and the traffic, it feels more like a cosy home than a hotel as it’s built within a Parisian town house.
- It offers a space to keep fit, a spa, hammam and treatment rooms for massages! Relaxing is all part of the wellness experience and taking care of oneself.
- The rooms are blissfully quiet and filled with natural light.
- The beds are luxurious and extremely comfortable, you won’t want to leave it!
- I found the balcony was a great place to write from – with no noise distractions and inspired by the surrounding Parisian architecture.
- Every room has free wi-fi and a good connection.
I’d recommend this hidden gem of a hotel for solo travellers, a couple of girlfriends wanting a city break whilst having a spa experience and couples wanting a weekend of romance. Find the MonHotel at 1, 5 rue d’Argentine, 75116 Paris. Tel: +33 1 45 02
The MonHotel provided me with a complimentary two night stay with breakfast. Opinions are my own.