Since the Yoga Alliance has temporarily approved (until the 30th of September) yoga teacher training courses to be conducted via distance learning during COVID-19, many of the worlds top yoga studios have created online versions of their yoga teacher training programs.
This means you can get fully certified at home, right now – you don’t have to wait. In case you didn’t know the Yoga Alliance 200hr certification is the industry standard for teachers internationally, and this is the first time it’s ever been possible to obtain this 100% online.
Official Statement from Yoga Alliance (N. America):
“In light of COVID-19, Yoga Alliance is making a temporary provision to allow its schools to offer contact hours in any of the five Educational Categories in a virtual format during currently-active teacher trainings.”
Here are some Yoga Alliance Approved Online Yoga Teacher Trainings to consider in you search.
Learn to teach Yoga Online, so you can teach Yoga to others both online and in person. Yoga teachers, who can teach Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation in both the online setting and in person are even more important now than ever before.
We are a Yoga Alliance RYS (Registered Yoga School), and our Online 200hr Yoga Teacher Training certification enables you to receive Yoga Alliance registration after completing the program.
Yoga teachers who can teach yoga, mindfulness and meditation are even more important than ever before given our current national emergency.
This online, interactive yet self-paced Yoga Teacher Training certification training will fully equip you to teach yoga & mindfulness in studios, schools, businesses AND online.
This training is an ideal match for you, if you are a K-12 educator, parent, working professional at home, or someone who is seeking a new direction and career change.
You will learn to teach with skill and confidence, individuals or groups, in-person, as well as be trained to teach yoga to individuals or groups utilising a variety of virtual and online technology.
This is not a ‘work by yourself’ training. Instead this is a highly interactive, self-paced training with multiple points of live contact with your trainers and classmates each week. Our training includes live zoom classrooms, over 40 recorded videos, daily live online yoga and meditation classes, a year of our online subscription, and training materials.
Features of the program:
- You’ll immerse into, and learn to teach, Vinyasa yoga, Hatha yoga and Mindfulness
- Our online yoga teacher training certification uses our Yoga Alliance approved curriculum
- You will learn to teach confidently in front of a room full of people, and also in front of a single camera.
- This is not a ‘work by yourself’ training. Instead this is a highly interactive training with live classrooms as well as self-paced components.
- You don’t need to have an advanced yoga practice to register for this program. You can start right where you are.
- There are no pre-requisites for this training.
- We are with you until you complete the training
Dates: June 22nd, and ends on September 12th
Duration: 12 weeks
Cost: The tuition for this training is reduced $1,499 for this 12-week training – everyone receives this scholarship discount when paying in full (Save $400)
Payment Plan Option – 8 monthly payments of $199 after a deposit of $199 (9 total payments). The payment plan tuition is more than the pay-in-full tuition. As a lean nonprofit, it is more efficient for us to complete your registration all at once, so we offer the lowest tuition for that option.
Joining with a friend or family member discount – $1,350 each – Receive 10% off for 2 paid in full tuition, registering on the same day. You can register separately, or pay together
Joining with a group of 3 or more – $1,199 each – Register on the same day, list the names of your group in your application, paid-in-full tuition.
The Zazyoga school was among the first schools to receive the approval from Yoga Alliance to deliver its curriculum online. This in-depth 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training offers highly personalised support to students who want to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga, and build the skills of a confident and inspiring yoga instructor.
This Online Yoga Teacher Training offers the flexibility to complete full RYT200 certification over 30 days, or to study at your own pace. The course format is highly interactive and you receive continuous feedback and guidance from your teachers.
Features of the program:
Each of the 30 modules of the course covers:
- Morning practice of meditation, pranayama and creative vinyasa yoga
- Deep-dive in to the safe practice and teaching of asanas
- Lectures on Functional Yoga Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy and Teaching Methodology
- Relaxing practices or lectures alternating between Restorative yoga, Yoga Nidra, or Chakra Anatomy
What differentiates Zazyoga is its approach and content. With the alarming increase of injuries in yoga, we believe that it is important for teachers to understand that everyone has a different body and a different skeleton shape. We detail the biomechanics involved in a posture, the purpose of each posture, and how to adapt it to different bodies so that people get the benefits without the pain. Our students don’t simply learn to do the poses, they understand them so they can better explain and teach them.
This functional approach is reflected throughout our curriculum. We make sure that what you learn in our course can be applied to your life. We give you the tools to know which specific yoga practices can bring you balance in various situation – and that’s a very powerful toolbox to have!
We graduate students who are ready to teach. Because of this in-dept understanding of their practice, our students quickly build confidence in their ability to share and explain yoga.
Dates: Your journey begins as soon as you register, and you can follow the course at your own pace. You have the full flexibility to design your schedule to fit your needs, and have access to the course content for a full year.
Duration: The 200h Zazyoga Online Teacher Training can be complete over 30 days or more.
Cost: Special offer $1,397 USD. Regular Price: $2800 USD. We are currently offering a 50% discount to make it more affordable to as many people as possible in these challenging times. We also offer payment plans for up to 12 months to suit every budget.
For almost 10 years we have partnered with School Yoga Institute and offered 300-hour immersion trainings in India, Bali, Peru and other sacred locations. We developed this training in response to a large number of requests for Indra’s teaching team to offer a 300-hour immersion during Covid19 while we are unable to be in our sacred locations.
As facilitators, we feel called to continue supporting students in their education; at the current time, doing that from home is the safest and most responsible option.
The training will be held June 19th – August 9th and include live sessions three days a week, and some flexible, pre-recorded content. The schedule will go as follows (with breaks throughout each day):
- Opening Ceremony June 19th, 5 pm PST
- Wednesdays 7am – 5:30 pm PST Live Sessions
- Fridays 7am – 5:30 pm PST Live Session
- Saturdays 7am – 5:30 pm PST Live Sessions (exception July 4th Saturday is an off day and July 5th Sunday is Live 7-5:30 PST day)
- There are 8 hours of self-guided sessions via our Thinkific Educational Platform. These will be assigned out on Sunday morning to be completed at your own pace by the following Wednesday when we return together live.
- Closing Ceremony and Graduation 5 pm PST August 9th
Features of the program:
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Foundational Training
- Asana with three diverse expert and lineage-based teachers in Raja/Hatha, Heart-based Vinyasa, Trauma-Informed Style
- Spirituality and Yoga Philosophy
- Hindu Studies, Celtic Traditions and Peruvian Medicine Wheel Exploration
- Meditation & Pranayama Techniques
- Yoga for Mental Health: Yoga & The Brain, Yoga for Stress & Anxiety
- Trauma-Informed Yoga
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
- Sacred Ceremonies
- Ongoing monthly support for 6 months post-training
- Wellness Entrepreneurship
- Compassionate Non-Violent Communication
- Environmental Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- Community Leadership Support
Although it would be ideal for every student to participate live on every call, we realise this may not be possible. We will be recording class and making it available to those with conflicts. There will be checkpoints along the way to ensure the content is being viewed and mastered. At the end of the course, you will be able to register as a 300 and 500-hour RYT with Yoga Alliance.
Dates: June 19th – Aug 9th 2020
Duration: 50 days
Cost: $2650 upfront or $2750 with a payment plan. This is $1000 less than Indra’s 300-hour immersion programs but with the same advanced facilitators and high-quality content. Some scholarships are available as well.
Our online 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Makes Becoming a Yoga Teacher Affordable and Attainable.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Yoga Alliance is allowing Registered Yoga Schools to offer Yoga Teacher Training Online now through September 30, 2020.
For a limited time, you will receive Restorative Yoga Teacher Training and Ayurveda Specialist Certification for FREE with enrolment in the Online 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. You will receive your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification PLUS 55 hours of Continuing Education.
Features of the program:
- Live Zoom Sessions
- Online Immersion (see completion deadlines below)
- Compatible With Any Device (Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, PC)
- Free Lifetime Membership to Our Online Community that Shares Sequences, Ideas and Support!
- Forever, Life Long Access to Our Online Curriculum and Course Materials (No More Relying on Notes From a Lecture!)
- Ongoing Mentorship and Support
- Most Bonuses Available in Yoga Teacher Training (See Below for Detailed Offerings)
Dates: We offer open enrolment and students can join anytime.
Duration: Although we offer open enrolment, you will be grouped into a teacher training class based on your enrolment date and you will attend Zoom sessions with other members in your teacher training group.
While you’re free to move through videos and reading in the training at your own pace, we ask that you keep in mind the following timeline for completion if you intend to register with Yoga Alliance:
- Body Assessment Forms should be completed by 9/15 at the latest
- 5 Asana Forms ad 5 Class Plans should be completed by 9/20 at the latest
- Final Project and/or Final Exam should be completed by 9/26 at the latest
- Remember, you have LIFELONG ACCESS to our material and can continue to access and enjoy through the material beyond September 30, but the course requirements have to be met by these dates if you’re planning to register with Yoga Alliance.
Cost: $385 or you can choose a payment plan for 5 monthly payments of $85.
Become creative in your mind and body with a different form of movement. The objective of this course is to give you a holistic approach to yoga. The knowledge of the asanas and the alignment of the body together with ancient yogic breathing techniques and meditation will help you to be cantered in the present with body and mind and therefore will have a regenerative effect on your life.
Aadi Yoga School 200-hour yoga teacher training balances the depth of an authentic spiritual tradition with the breadth of complete yogic education. Our online immersion will be held over Zoom and you will have Sunday off throughout the course.
Features of the program:
- Contact hours (Live session hours or coaching hours) – 170 hours contact hours
- Non-contact hours – 30 hrs (self-study hours)
- Study the Philosophy of Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Certificate to register with Yoga Alliance
- Digital materials to be given upon booking
- One-on-one guidance
Dates: 30th May – 26th June 2020
Duration: 28 days
Cost: $500 USD Per Person
On this Yoga Alliance registered RCYT 95-Hour teacher training, you can expect a playful, creative, holistic and therapeutic approach to yoga and well-being for kids, teens and families, whilst passionately infusing Laura’s 19-years of knowledge and experience as an educator, therapeutic practitioner and yogi.
This interactive training combines relevant educational philosophy and up-to-date research with all elements of yoga, mindfulness and well-being, incorporating key teaching methodology and therapeutic play practices so that you can confidently create, plan, lead and manage interactive, engaging and creative yoga classes for children, teens and families.
The curriculum is focused on providing a holistic, nurturing environment for children, combining elements of musical mantras, interactive story-telling, art, nature, movement and dance, group discussions and imaginative play to explore the principles and practices of yoga and mindfulness, in an age-appropriate and creative way.
Laura is focused on giving teacher trainees all the confidence, inspiration, support and knowledge needed, to thrive as a children’s yoga, meditation and well-being teacher.
Features of the program:
Through interactive, experiential activities, group discussions, individual assignments and daily practice teaching time, we will explore:
- Techniques and activities to introduce breath-work that will support children’s mental health and well-being during every day experiences such as anxiety, sleep difficulties, overwhelm and hyper-activity.
- A range of classic and more creative, age-appropriate yoga poses and sequences, and how to teach this to each age group in an interactive and engaging way
- Safe practice when teaching yoga poses – what is developmental and age-appropriate and what to avoid
- Creative meditations, including visualisations and moving meditations so that you will confident to share a range of different meditation techniques to children aged 3-18 years old, tailored towards their needs
- Partner and group yoga fun for all ages, including mixed age-groups and family yoga
- Challenging poses for Teens & Tweens including arm balances, back bends and inversions (going upside down!)
- Combining key Educational Philosophy and teaching methodology so that you can fully understand how children learn and how you can tailor your classes to their learning needs and styles
- Introducing yoga philosophy and practices to children of all ages, including Hindu Mythology, the Chakra System (the energetic body), The 8 Limbs of Yoga, Yama and Niyama
Dates: 14th July – 15th September 2020
Duration: 10 weeks
One Yoga is one of Thailand’s top yoga teacher training schools, and they’re moving with the times to make their high-quality yoga instructor certification available online.
Delve deep into your practice — and develop your own teaching practice — with a comprehensive course, lead by experienced teacher trainers.
The Coronavirus has frozen the world in place. Yoga enthusiasts around the world are disconnected from friends or family, unable to go to classes, and are bored & frustrated as they feel they are wasting time stuck at home.
But, actually, an incredible opportunity awaits in this challenging time…for the first time ever, you can now get certified as a yoga teacher online. So we have been working tirelessly to create the highest-quality online training available. So that you can turn this challenging time into an incredible opportunity. One of profound personal growth and transformation.
Features of the program:
Dates: Ongoing / flexible
Duration: 28 days
Join Rachel and Lucy for their online 25 hour breath coach training certified by Yoga Alliance. This course is for you if you want to:
- Discover and experience fundamental breathing techniques and experiences
- Become a Yoga Alliance certified breath coach
- Learn how you can start making money by coaching others straight after the course
- Create stronger ownership of your overall physical and mental health
- Have greater control over your financial income and impact on your community
In addition to this Lucy and Rachel will also be giving away ready-made workshop and class templates for you to use to kick-start your work coaching. Lucy and Rachel will hand over customisable marketing material and disclose years of teaching and business experiencing so you can hit the ground running and see your return on investment immediately, should you want to.
You don’t need to have any prior experience to join the course and you don’t need to be a yoga teacher either. Some people will be joining simply to expand their own practice and to nourish their physical, mental and energetic health. Others will also be looking to gain the teacher training certificate too and start to generate an income for themselves.
Features of the program:
- This course will offer a combination of pre-recorded online videos and practices, written documents and live Q&A sessions with Rachel and Lucy where you can ask questions that might come up during the course.
- These live calls will be on a private Facebook Group which you will have access to (and the future live calls) indefinitely. You will also have access to all the previous live Q&A sessions from previous weeks.
- You will be practicing at home and therefor guided through a safe and personal self-practice. You will use toggl to log your practice hours and will keep a reflective journal to reflect on your experience.
This Online Breath Coach Training gives you the opportunity to study and experience at home or wherever you have internet access. You can access the course anywhere in the world, but also create an integrated breath practice into your routine at home.
The most authentic way of teaching is to teach from your own experience. Rachel and Lucy with guide you through each technique as well as offering the tools to teach breathing techniques. As you develop your own breath work practice you’ll feel a deeper connection to more subtle levels of your experience, a clearer awareness, more energy and the tools to guide you towards greater health.
Dates: Ongoing / flexible. Registration ends 31st May.
Duration: The minimum required number of hours for this course is 25, though with the bonus material the course offers 30+ hours of content. The shortest amount of time you can complete this is 2 weeks but you can take up to 3 months to complete the whole course if you want to take your time.
Cost: Rachel and Lucy are offering $200 USD OFF the normal course price of $597 USD until 31st May
Are you a front line care giver? We’d love to offer this course to you with a 50% discount.
The Himalayan Yoga Institute is one of the best known and most respected yoga teacher training providers in the world. Now you can train with them from wherever you are in the world, either in real-time or at your own pace.
At Your Fingertips – When you start teaching you realise how challenging it can sometimes be to juggle it all – your family life, work life and yoga teaching life. Latest by then you realise how wonderful it is to have access to class materials and lectures from the comfort of your home or mobile phone, so you can watch and replay them anytime you want. This is precisely what you will be able to do upon completion of this training.
The certification will be exactly the same as you would receive if you were to do the course in-person and you will be qualified to teach yoga both online and offline.
Personalised – Some classes will be taught through live online sessions, while others have been recorded and will be offered through an online course platform, allowing you to access those sessions even at a later point in time. In any case this is the most personal, high-touch, interactive yoga course online.
Ancient Practice, Modern Format- A unique feature of the training is our approach to asana practice: The asanas are practiced and taught in the Rajadhiraja tradition of Tantra yoga, offering ancient knowledge on the deeply transformational effect of asanas with regards to our hormonal and chakra system – rarely taught in other yoga schools. You will learn how you can balance your endocrine glands, your hormones, your chakras and your emotions in order to experience a profound sense of well-being and happiness.
You will receive detailed insight into the practice of more than 60 asanas, along with an in depth understanding of good alignment, benefits, contraindications, and special applications. You will also learn how to use these asanas in a variety of yoga styles, such as Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin yoga.
Lifelong Mentoring- Another unique feature is lifelong personalised mentoring offered by Ganga Devi, the principal teacher on this course, to those who wish to receive guidance after the completion of their training. Ganga has taught and practiced yoga and meditation for more than thirty years. She has also trained and performed as a professional dancer of Bharatanatyam – the classical dance of India. Her philosophy classes are captivating and fascinating, as she skilfully simplifies complex subjects, teaching them in an down-to-Earth manner, while weaving in personal experience and storytelling.
Features of the program:
- International 200hour Yoga Alliance certification
- Learn the secrets of Tantric Rajadhiraja yoga, a long forgotten, yet highly powerful approach to yoga, resulting in perfect hormonal balance, which will completely rewire your body, clear your mind and awaken your soul
- Our yoga instructor certification courses are of outstanding quality, marked by excellence and attention to detail. They are the most thorough and comprehensive ones you will find.
- The training is not only suitable for aspiring yoga teachers but also for those who simply want to learn more about yoga and develop a stronger self-practice
- On-demand training released every week
- Private training accountability group
- Weekly live Zoom training calls
- Yoga Styles: Rajadhiraja, Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin
1 – 7 June 7 days immersion
12 – 15 June 4 days immersion
18 – 21 June 4 days immersion
Duration: Self-paced: can be completed in an intensive 2 weeks or longer
If you’re interested in taking your yoga teacher training online and get yoga alliance certified, we hope this has given you everything you need to get started.
The best online yoga teacher training certifications can give you some, if not all, of the profound experiences and in depth learning that takes place on any face-to-face training.
But remember, this is just the start of your journey. Keep learning; keep training, and your teaching practice will develop more and more.
Pin this guide & share