200-hour Hatha & Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Trainings in Goa, India 3rd – 26th March
This Teacher Training has a special offer on when you book through Soul Seed Travel receive a discount of 150 EUROS also two nights free accommodation. Fill in the form to make an enquiry or booking and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also contact the team direct on email@example.com.
3rd – 26th March 2021
Yoga Nisarga’s yoga journey to become a Yoga Teacher starts with establishing a personal practice, a dedicated study of the ancient wisdom of Yoga Sutras, and applying their core principles in your life.
This 200-hour yoga teacher training program is uniquely designed for all levels students of yoga and aspiring teachers. Yoga Nisarga is a Yoga Alliance USA recognised Yoga school.
In this 200 hour Residential Traditional Hatha & Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Program, you will build a strong foundation and deepen your practice. Learn traditional yoga from Indian yoga masters and teachers.
For twenty-five days you will be immersed in the theory and practice of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, and the Art of Teaching. During the course you will have the opportunity to apply the new theoretical knowledge by teaching classes to your fellow students.
Since our students come from all over the world, we have designed a cross-cultural friendly and adaptable program. By the end of the course you will return home not only with useful information and new skills, but many fond memories of your time in Goa, India.
You will feel happy to share with other people what you learn from this experience. Yoga is a life path to study, know yourself and work with others with awareness.
To be a yoga professional, you need to master the techniques and postures of yoga perfectly. A 200 hours yoga TTC program is the first step on your voyage into the ancient traditions of yoga. You will learn to achieve a harmonious mental balance and acquire a taste for self-discipline. Our combined practice and theory sessions will mold you into a yoga master strengthened by meditation, compassion, and observation.
Yoga Nisarga welcomes its doors to students from all nations. Our yoga teacher’s program is conducted by gurus who will nurture you to initiate your own enlightenment.
You will gain hidden insights into yoga and its profound meaning. You will be mentally empowered with the knowledge and confidence to become that true yoga professional you have always wanted to be.
Yoga Nisarga is ideally located in the beautiful, uncrowded, un-commercialized beach town of Ashvem beach, North Goa, India. Picture lush jungle, palm trees, beautiful beach coves, traditional colorful wooden fishing boats lined up on shore, rock and cliff formations at either end of the coves, a selection of local and international restaurants serving great food at affordable prices, friendly, welcoming people – that’s North Goa.
Peaceful, gentle, laid-back, a place to chill and to learn. That’s the environment you’ll be in for an unforgettable month. Some of our students don’t want to leave!
Yoga Course Syllabus
We follow a continued learning schedule which is followed by a well-defined syllabus that covers both ancient yoga traditions and modern-day yoga practices. The learning program covers the yoga practice requirements along with safety precautions that will make nurture you as a professional.
- Yoga Nisarga’s 200-hour yoga teacher training program is meticulously designed to satisfy the requirements of the Hatha Yoga and half primary series Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow.
- Group Size – We book a maximum of 8-10 students for our Yoga teacher training so that we can give special attention to each and every student.
- During your yoga asana classes, you will learn how to correctly move through different postures, exercise the Prana (breath), Drishti (point of focus), and Bandhas.
- Learn the root definition for each pose while undergoing breath-based training.
- Pranayama- Introduction to breathing techniques and demonstrated an ability to practice Anulom Viloma, Bhastrika, Chandrabhedana, Suryabhedana, Ujjai, Bharamari, Sheetali, Sheetkari, and the knowledge of their benefits, limitations, and techniques.
- Shat Kriyas – Purpose and Utility this includes theory and practice of six purification techniques- Dhuti, Basti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli, and Kapalabhatti- Selection
- Mudra- Meaning and purpose of Practicing
- Bandhas: Introduction to Jalandhara bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Mula bandha, and Maha bandha
- Ayurvedic Approach to Yogic Diet and Significance of Sattvic Vegetarian Diet
- Concept of Triguna- According to Ayurveda (Vata, Pita, and Kapa)
- Theory and practical Techniques of Meditation, Introduction to Simple Meditation Techniques for day to day life -Mindfulness Meditations.
- Role of Yoga – Stress and Lifestyle Management
- Aim, Objectives, and Misconception about Yoga
- Yoga for Specific Groups: Introduction to basic prenatal yoga, yoga for kids, and yoga for the elderly
Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practice
In this yoga TTC course, we study the rich and ancient history of Yoga, as well as read, contemplate, and write about Yogic philosophy. We also consider how Yoga can be applied to our daily lifestyles. And it is incomplete without Yoga Philosophy. It is important to understand What is Yoga; its origin and tradition.
- Introduction to Yogic History & Principles: History of yoga
- Introduction to four paths of yoga; Principles of yoga and yogic practice, (Raja Yoga, Gyan Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga)
- Introduction to Yogic Anatomy (Theory of Chakras, Pancha Kosha, three layers, and Energy channels).
- Introduction to Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (eight limbs of yoga)
- Introduction to Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Theory and practice, benefits, and contraindications. Techniques and practical tips: Jala Neti, Kapalbhati, Vamana, Trataka by gazing at a candle flame, or a specific point of concentration
- Obstacles on the path of yoga mean to overcome obstacles
- Introduction to Ayurveda approach and Yogic diet a vegetarian, sattvic approach, and their applications in day to day life.
- Yogic lifestyle and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
Alignment and Adjustment and Teaching Practice
During the first two weeks of the yoga teacher training course, you will receive every day one and a half-hour alignment classes focusing on adjustment and alignment techniques for the main postures of the Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow and a few other more advanced poses.
This class will also include modifications, advance variations, use of props to adapt to everybody types/problems, and the form of each pose and how to teach it. (arm balances, backbends, inversions, among others), and regular hands-on adjustments practice.
- The ethical guidelines for the quality of a teacher and practitioner
- Positive & conscious communication Friendship and trust
- Principles of management to the verbal instructions, observation, teaching styles,
- Time management
- Art of Demonstrations, Use of voice in class, assisting and correcting, dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Art of Alignment, at all the possible levels
- Use of voice in class
- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Our course has a comprehensive Anatomy & Physiology section, which students find fun and engaging. It is easier to practice and teach Yoga Asanas when one understands the human musculoskeletal system. We teach applied anatomy so that you will understand how to use it wisely and systematically in your teaching.
- Yoga Anatomy & Application: introduction and terminology to Anatomy and different systems
- Introduction to Human Systems Yoga and Health
- The emphasis of Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, Nervous, Digestive Joints & Movement, Muscular System
- Functions of different systems of the human body
- Familiarity with the benefits of various asanas on different parts of the human body.
- Limitation and contraindication of specific Yoga practices
6:30 am to 8:30 am Meditation, Pranayama, Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow / Hatha Yoga (Alternative days)
8:50 am to 10:00 am Breakfast
10:00 am to 11:20 am Yoga Philosophy/Ayurveda
11:40 am to 1:00 pm Alignment and adjustment
01:00 pm to 2:30 pm Lunch
2:30 pm to 3:50 pm Anatomy / Physiology
4:00 pm to 4:15 pm Tea Time
4:20 pm to 05:50 pm The art of teaching / Hip Opening /Jump Back / Back bending
6:30 pm to 07:30 pm Dinner
Saturday Half / Sunday Full Day Off
The staff at Yoga Nisarga includes Indian teachers for whom Yoga is an integral part of their culture and upbringing, and Western instructors who came to Yoga through a variety of paths external to their own culture.
All of them are eager to share their experience and insights so the students may look at the traditions of Yoga from various perspectives, and understand that there are many ways to integrate the practices into their daily lives.
We provide delicious vegetarian meals prepared with love and care. We offer a sattvic (balanced) and healthy cuisine using mainly local and organic ingredients. Meals include fruit juice, brown rice, dal, green vegetables, chapati, curry, soups, salads and occasionally healthy sweets.
From Monday to Sunday, enjoy three healthy and delicious meals included in your package. Experience authentic Indian vegetarian dishes that complement your classes and nourish you during your training.
Enjoy the burst of flavor in your mouth from the amazing herbs and spices of India – and since your syllabus covers discovering your dosha or yogic body type, you may explore and discover the perfect healthy diet according to your specific constitution.
Goa is a much greener state in India, and Yoga Nisarga is located in beautiful nature just 10 min walking distance from famous and beautiful Ashwem Beach, Goa. Our Yoga center is a two-story building surrounded by coconut trees and nature with a mountain, an ideal location for Yoga Teacher Training and Retreats.
We offer complete accommodation with every basic perk. You will be provided with the necessary facilities like single occupancy rooms, free Wi-Fi connection, garden, etc. At the center, you are free to explore the surrounding area.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with helpful staff. The rooms equipped with a king-sized bed with a fan, mosquito net, attached bath, and hot water. If you plan to arrive a few days before or wish to stay a few days more after the course ends, let us know so we can reserve the room for you, depending upon availability. You are responsible for the extra nights’ accommodation fees.
You will enjoy Yoga and Meditation practice on the rooftop specious Yoga Hall with a beautiful mountain view. On the ground floor, we have a Vegetarian and Vegan cafe for our students to enjoy healthy meals.
Prices are in Euros
Accommodation and food not included
Includes meals and refreshments
Includes meals and other facilities
* 24 Nights accommodation at our centre
* 3 vegetarian meals per day from Monday to Saturday, Sunday no lunch
* 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate
* Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga teacher training manual
* Drinking water
* Ayurvedic consultation with Ayurvedic doctor
* Airport pick up can be arranged
Does not include
* Personal expenses
* Airport drop-off after the course
* Visa fee
* Additional meals
* Flight tickets
* Night market
* Setting off on a boat trip
* Rent a motorbike
* Exploring and go chasing waterfalls
* Live music
What past students have said
”I took this course Jan-Feb 2014. Yoga Nisarga was found to be a learning supportive environment. The surroundings in Palolem is conducive for this endeavour with its natural endowment of a beautiful beach, greenery, polite and warm local people. Instructors were professional yet friendly, and adhered to the rigour of the Yoga training. Course content is comprehensive with a good balance of practice session vs theory. Variety is introduces with meditation sessions, beach walks and on-the-beach practice sessions. Best part of the course starts mid-way through the training when students are given ample time, opportunity and support to practice their teaching skills among their peers. All in all, a wonderful learning experience at the school and good times with peers.” Arathi Irene (India)
”Important experience for me. Good teaching level, had some of the best teachers of my life. They could transmit motivation and enlightenment.. About the location and accommodation I was really happy, beautiful hall directly on the beach, never wore any flip flop. Naked feet for one whole month, nothing better to feel grounded.” Nanh Rossiter (Italy)
”In December 2014 I enrolled for 200hrs yoga teacher training at Yoga Nisarga. The location couldn’t have been better, direct at the beach and the Indian Ocean. Simply fantastic! The whole package is great value for money. We were a small international group of students with different levels of experience and knowledge. Yet, the teachers understood how to pick us up as a group and still to coach respectively to cater to our individual needs. Coming from the hustle and bustle of the western world, it took me a few days to be able to let loose. But then a whole new world opened up to me. I did learn a lot about Yoga and also about myself. I had to challenge myself on several occasions yet with the assistance of the teachers I felt comfortable and succeeded. I am looking back to an amazing time with amazing people. I am saying thank you!.” Joerg Schwille (Greece)
What to pack
Our centre will supply belts, blocks, and meditation cushions.
* Yoga Mat: We recommend that you bring or purchase your own yoga mat for optimal hygiene and comfort.
* Torch/flashlight: Power outages are frequent in India. They are part of the charm but you’ll probably want some help seeing in the dark!
* Mosquito Repellent: An excellent product called Odomos is available locally, although if you prefer an all-natural repellent, we recommend you buy that in your home country.
* Long-sleeved tops/shirts: It is recommended to cover up at dawn/dusk to help with insect bites.
* Electrical Adapters: Goa operates on 220V, the same two-prong plugs as in Europe, and which are different from North American plugs.
* Driving Licence: If you plan on hiring a car or scooter you will need to have your home country driving license plus an international driving license.
* Warm Yoga Clothes: In December and/or January it is usually hot from mid-morning until sunset but nights and early mornings can be quite chilly, so it’s best to bring a tracksuit or something similar.
* Money: Cash and traveler’s cheques can be exchanged for Indian rupees, and there are also ATMs within a 10 to 15-minute walk of the centre. It’s advisable to have some rupees when you arrive, which you can purchase at your airport of departure; however, rupees are not to be taken out of India on your return.
* Sunscreen: You will need to protect your skin from India’s tropical sun, especially when arriving from a country where it is winter.
* Probiotics: It’s a good idea to take high-quality probiotics (if your physician approves) starting a few weeks before departure, during your stay in India, and for a few weeks after arriving home. Probiotics help to keep your digestive system healthy.
* Comfortable Footwear: Sandals or flip-flops are a must since they are easily removed and most people in India do not wear shoes indoors.
* Passport size photos: We recommend to have 3-4 available.
* USB Key: It is necessary to bring an over 25-gigabyte thumb drive or else hard disk to exchange study material.
How to get here
Yoga Nisarga is located in Ashvem – Goa, India. Fly to Dabolim Airport or Goa Airport (IATA: GOI, ICAO: VOGO) is the sole airport in Goa. It is located in Dabolim. We can arrange airport pick up for you.
To make an enquiry or book your yoga teacher training in Goa, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.