Alpine Yoga and Hiking Retreat in the French Alps, 14 – 21 August 21 – 28 August
Receive a complimentary 30 minute massage worth £38 when you book through Soul Seed Travel. Fill in the form to make an enquiry or booking and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also contact the team direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay a deposit
Secure your place with a £250 deposit.
Alpine Yoga and Hiking Retreat in the French Alps
Join us in the beautiful French Alps for an alpine yoga and hiking retreat. After touring around the French Alps, we love hiking in this area. With so many routes to choose from and breathtaking views, you won’t want to go home!
If you are a lover of the mountains and enjoy being in the great outdoors this is the hiking yoga holiday for you. An exciting week of adventure activities during the day beginning with yoga and then a choice of hiking, white water rafting, paragliding or wild swimming.
The hiking yoga experience is unrivalled here. After touring around the French Alps, we love hiking in this area. With so many routes to choose from and breathtaking views, you won’t want to go home! There’s nothing like a hiking yoga holiday to exhilarate and enliven body and mind.
Stay in our beautiful rustic Chalet style accommodation nestled on the mountainside surrounded by alpine pastures. Start and end the day with yoga to stretch out your hiking limbs, and soothe them with a sauna and hot tub, or treat yourself to a massage.
Step out of the chalet and the mountain trails are yours for the picking. If you’ve not visited the French Alps in the summer time, you’re in for a treat. As the winter snow melts away in the spring, the mountains take on their summer mantle of bright green grass and colourful alpine flowers. The views are equally as spectacular in the summer as they are in the winter.
After a long walk reward yourself with a swim to cool off in a refreshing glacial lake. There are so many hikes to choose from, at blue, red or black levels.
Enjoy views of Mont Blanc in the distance. If you feel like a day off from walking why not try paragliding or white water rafting, or enjoy the Olympic sized pool in Bourg St Maurice. Or simply relax in the garden of the chalet and catch some sun whilst enjoying a good book.
31 July – 7 August
7 – 14 August
14 – 21 August
21 – 28 August
You will have 2 x 1.5 hour yoga classes per day (with one day off to rest mid week). One in the morning and 1 in the evening.
Our alpine yoga morning classes are held in the yoga studio of the Auberge- with incredible views of the mountains. Awaken your body, paying special attention to warming those muscles, stretching out the legs and building stamina for your day exploring the breathtaking environment.
After your full day hiking, white water rafting or parapenting, return to the Auberge to unwind and relax tired bodies with a restorative evening yoga class. This gentle session will vary each evening and include pranayama and meditation to help mind and body really let go and allow you to enter a state of deep relaxation.
This is one of the highlights of the trip! Wake before dawn and bask in a silent group hike in darkness through mountains that feel your own, with no inhabitants apart from you and the marmots. Roll out your mats at one of the most overwhelming areas of beauty in Europe, and enjoy a full flow class, feeling the heat of the sun warming your body as the sun rises behind the mountain. A true once in a lifetime experience that’s not to be missed.
Each day we have something exciting in store for you!
Day 1: Day hike from the chalet to get those hiking legs activated. With packed lunch included.
Day 2: Day off and relax at the chalet, go for a walk from the chalet.
Day 3: Day hike with packed lunch to 2000m to see views of Mont Blanc – enjoy a wild swim.
Day 4: Day off and relax at the chalet, go for a walk from the chalet.
Day 5: Sunrise Yoga up the mountain followed by early morning hike and afternoon to relax or go paragliding.
Day 6: White water rafting, mountain biking, swimming or shopping in Bourg St Maurice, day off, treatments.
Day 7: Home time.
Please note that this schedule is all optional – it is your holiday so you can be as active or relaxed as you like. If you feel like you need a day off to relax at the chalet, have a hot tub and sauna, a snooze and a massage then do it!.
Your meals will all be freshly prepared by our in house chef Will, who is Cordon Bleu trained and is highly-talented.
He has taken on the challenge to create wheat, dairy, sugar, gluten free food to a Cordon Vert standard and has succeeded. Be prepared to be thoroughly spoilt with your 3 course evening meal, beautifully presented and delicious.
Brunch is buffet style, offering a selection of juices and homemade smoothies, a selection of cereals, including homemade granola, fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, freshly baked hot croissants and bread with homemade marmalade, jams, and local honey, washed down with freshly brewed tea, herbal teas or coffee.
The chalet for our yoga and hiking retreat is beautifully finished with a large yoga shala and plenty of outside space for relaxing or if you take a day off there is a hot tub, sauna and relaxation area downstairs on the lawns.
There are 6 bedrooms, 4 of which are with ensuite bath/shower rooms. There are 5 bedrooms on the first floor. One single room has an ensuite, and the other shares a bathroom with a twin room.
All the bedrooms are decorated in a Savoyard style to reflect the surroundings and are cosy and tranquil.
What past guests have said
”10/10 for this yoga and hiking retreat. Beautiful Chalet, great facilities, loved the hot tub, sauna, lounge, deck, everything!.” Rachel
”In my job as a travel journalist, I’m very lucky to have experienced several different yoga retreats. This yoga and hiking retreat was one of the best. Our teacher had really integrity and care plus the group was just the right size. The combination of Alpine walking and yoga really worked. I was stretched in all the right ways.” Clare
”Thank you so much for one of the best experiences in life so far. Such a fabulous week in the French Alps, meeting fabulous people. The service at the Auberge was extra special and I made some great friends. Wenche Krag our gorgeous yoga teacher was absolutely outstanding, a very special being from whom I have learned so much. I have gained so much from this wonderful holiday.” Charlotte
How to get here
Our rustic alpine yoga chalet is set in La Thuile, a small peaceful hamlet that’s part of the commune of Sainte Foy Tarentaise. It’s nestled on the mountainside surrounded by alpine pastures, at 1250 metres altitude, halfway between Bourg St Maurice and Val d’Isère. This is one of the most easterly and spectacularly beautiful parts of the French Alps right up against the Italian border.
There are two options on getting to us by plane to Geneva or train to Bourg St Maurice (or automobile). We highly recommend the train because of many reasons: The train is a mere 20 minutes drive from the chalet whereas the flight transfer from Geneva is three hours.
The slow way to travel, take in the countryside, have a stop over in Paris if you fancy, make the journey a part of your adventure. Soul Seed Travel can organise a tailor made holiday for you whilst you are in Paris at a boutique or spa hotel.
If you decide to fly, please make sure you book your outward bound flight to arrive before 3pm. Homeward bound flight to leave after 1pm.
This is so that we can arrange 1 group transfer, which will be included in the price. If you arrive outside of these times your transfer will be out or our control and considerably more expensive.
What to pack
* Shawl or thin blanket for after yoga – important in case you get chilly in relaxation
* Yoga equipment: If you use blocks then please bring along, we will provide yoga straps and mats, but feel free to bring your own if you wish
* Waterproof coat/jacket for hiking
* Walking boots or trainers for walks/hikes
* Water bottle and small back pack for walks/hikes
* Appropriate clothing for walks/hikes
* Lots of layers as the weather can be changeable. You will definitely need some sunny weather clothes, and warm clothes for the mountains
* Sun cream and hat for hikes
* Swimsuit for sunbathing, wild swimming, white water rafting or swimming pool action
* Camera for recording some of the fantastic scenery you’ll see and meals you will eat
Prices are in British pounds
Twin/Double shared with en-suite: Early Bird £989pp Standard price £1099pp
Single room with en-suite: Early Bird £1294pp Standard price £1438pp
* 7 nights beautiful chalet accommodation with en-suite bathrooms throughout
* Outdoor hot tub in beautiful gardens or Sauna to steam away aches and pains after a days hiking
* Free transfers from Bourg St Maurice Train station or Geneva airport
* Free in resort transfers to the hikes, to Tignes, Val D’Isere and Bourg St Maurice and to your activities of choice – nowhere is too much trouble
* 2 guided hikes with experienced guide on the first day and the third day with packed lunch and local guide
* 1 x morning alpine yoga to the sunrise – transfer to the spot, yoga, tea & coffee and snacks and mini hike
* 2 x 1.5hr daily yoga classes – enjoy full immersion of your yoga practice over the week (with one day off mid week to rest) inside or on the decking with stunning mountain views
* Delicious brunch after yoga – with granola, eggs, selection of juices and homemade smoothies
* Gourmet vegetarian evening feast and local wine 6 nights (Wednesday is chef’s night off!)
* Experienced and friendly Alpine yoga and chalet hosts to look after your every need and help arrange excursions.
Does not include
* Flights/train travel and insurance
* Afternoon activities. Prices for activities are above and we will send more information about activities closer to the time and then tailor the week to the groups desires for a bespoke package
* Massage treatments are available on request
* Lunches. If you are staying in the chalet and would like lunch it is €10pp
* Mountain Biking
To make an enquiry or book this yoga and hiking retreat, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on email@example.com.
Pay a deposit
Secure your place with a £250 deposit.