Gourmet Vegetarian & Vegan Culinary Training, South of France | 26th September – 16th October
Fill in the form to make an enquiry or booking. We will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on email@example.com.
Interested in exploring a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, helping the environment, practicing yoga, and striving for optimal wellness—all at the same time?
With the Gaia Gourmet Culinary Training immersion, you’ll travel to a beautiful destination and spend 21 days learning gourmet cooking through hands-on experience. Enjoy delicious, colourful, and decadent vegetarian and vegan cuisine.
In this unique certification program, students participate in all aspects of catering a yoga teacher training. The course is based on tried and tested Gaia Gourmet methods and recipes under the guidance of Chef Naga.
You’ll gain tools and insight to embark upon a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, such as catering yoga retreats and wellness events or working as a private chef.
Château de Rhodes
Get ready to experience the beauty of the South of France. Our grand 18th-century château is situated in a newly designated natural park at the foot of the Pyrenees mountains, just three kilometers from the village of La Bastide De Serou.
The Department of Ariege nestles in the central Pyrenees, next to Andorra, its highest peaks visible from Toulouse. It is one of the most unspoiled regions of France, whose inhabitants have held fast to their traditions.
The countryside is wild but easily accessible. Top grade trout streams rush down forested mountainsides into rivers where kayakers paddle. Waymarked walking trails lead to 3000 metres peaks where isards (chamois), marmots and even bears roam. Cyclists can take in a stage of the Tour de France, mountain bike down tracks or gently pedal in the valleys.
Numerous species of butterflies, orchids and raptors thrive here thanks to the endurance of ancient farming practices such as the transhumance, when cows, sheep and Mérens horses are led up to the high summer pastures.
Its many prehistoric caves, Cathar chateaux and WWII escape routes over the mountains are testament to the ways Ariège has served as a place of refuge and resistance throughout history.
Your culinary experience will be intense, but Château de Rhodes is filled with 18th and 19th century antiques, and Persian rugs, the château will create incredible memories for all who stay here. There are two very large reception rooms, chateau dining room, library, billiard room, games rooms, terrace dining-room for thirty plus, cinema room, original chateau kitchen, plus a fully equipped professional kitchen.
There are outside dining tables and chairs for 30+ and sun beds, shades, etc. Around the pool and terrace. The grounds are encircled by a tranquil walking path, and are accentuated by both a river and a stream. There are many ancient trees in the well-tended landscape.
Your daily schedule will vary, but expect to spend about 40 hours each week in and around the kitchen. You’ll be cooking from day one—working with the finest natural ingredients to create nutrient-dense gourmet cuisine in a precise, professional environment.
What you’ll learn
The Gaia Gourmet method centres focus and awareness, bringing mindfulness to the kitchen as we lovingly transform our raw materials into a multi sensory, communal dining experience. Space is limited to five participants per culinary training. This program is appropriate for all levels of skill and experience.
- How Set up a Plant-Based Kitchen
- Produce 101
- How to Choose Produce at the Market or Farm
- Optimization of Produce Lifespan
- The Versatility of Nuts and Seeds: Nut Butters, Vegan Cheeses, and Garnishes
- The Ultimate Veg Stock
- Spice Combining
- Breakfast Buffet: Setup and Specialties
- Lunch and Dinner Entrees
- Soups, Dals, Curries, and Kicharis
- Salads and Dressings
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Desserts
- Gluten-Free Bread Baking
- Knife Skills
- How to Handle Dietary Restrictions, Special Needs, Allergies, and Sensitivities
- Problem Solving on the Fly in a Live Kitchen Environment
- Menu Planning, including Describing and Announcing Dishes
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Meal Service (Front and Back of House, including Table Setting and Clearing)
- Strategic Kitchen Cleaning
- Gaia Gourmet Certification upon successful completion of the course
- Gaia Gourmet Culinary Training manual
- Gaia Gourmet apron
- 20 nights in luxury accommodation
- 3 incredible, organic Gaia Gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals each on-site day
- Unlimited coffee, an assortment of teas, and fresh fruit for snacks
- Self-serve laundry and weekly linen changes
- Full access to magical private properties—including gardens, trails, swimming pools, and more
- Options to participate in organised group excursions (at additional cost)
- Access to exceptional wine tastings, pairings, and producers (at additional cost)
- Option to take yoga classes (schedule permitting)
- All applicable taxes
- 3 weeks making friends for life with beautiful souls from around the world!
To make an enquiry or book this 21 Day Gaia Gourmet Vegetarian & Vegan Culinary Training in the South of France, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. This training is also offered as 14 days in Tuscany.