Summer Greek Islands Sailing Yoga Retreat (available June – September)
7 Day Greek Islands Sailing Yoga Retreat
Instructor – Rebekka Nerhovde
Instructor – Maria Johnson
Instructor – Maddie Lynch
4th July SOLD OUT
11th July SOLD OUT
Instructor – TBA
1st August SOLD OUT
Instructor – Farah Mostafa
Instructor – Danielle DeGroot
Instructor – Luis and Amanda
Instructor – Donna Freakie
19th September SOLD OUT
26TH September SOLD OUT
Sailing the Greek Islands is a lifetime bucket list item that is every part as rewarding as you’d imagine it is. Our Greek Islands yoga sailing is based out of the Ionian Islands, which is located on the west coast of Greece, which is the protected part, creating the perfect environment for flat seas, mild winds and the best leisure cruising areas.
Our Greek Islands yoga sailing holiday starts off with an hour-long yoga class in a new secret location each day, whether it’s overlooking the bay, the beach or the harbour, but rest assured you wont have done a yoga class in a location like this before.
We set sail for your daily beach stop, which includes some of the bluest, clearest water you’ve even seen with magical white cliffs towering over the beach. It truly is a bucket list trip.
As you sail on Greek Islands, you have the freedom to relax as you please with a book, sun baking, chatting with your fellow yoga retreat guests or learn to sail with your skipper.
Rebekka Nerhovde is a Norwegian Yoga Teacher and Musical Artist. She first got introduced to yoga during her dance education in 2010 and has today completed her yoga education in “Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow”, “Pranayama/meditation” & “Yin Yoga”. She loves the variety of yoga and today she teaches all ages from 4-89 years old.
Rebekka teaches with a big heart. In her classes, everybody can feel welcome. Her classes have a relaxing and loose atmosphere where you can come as you are. She plays the ukulele and sings, so if you have a love for music this is definitely your teacher. Rebekka also uses different massage and acupressure techniques in her classes as well as different massage oils and “Yoga Nidre” to leave you totally blissed.
Rebekka would like to welcome you on board with her for a magical, loving and fun week at the big blue. All levels and ages welcome.
Dates: 13th June 2020 (Greece)
Maria Johnson is a veteran teacher of 18 years at Snowbird’s Cliff Spa and the Founder of the Settled.Life Yoga School, a 200-hour yoga teacher training program offered at Westminster College in SLC, Utah. She is a two-term legacy brand ambassador for Lululemon and an ambassador for Yoga Sailing Holidays since 2018.
She teaches alignment based asana instruction in her international retreats and workshops, teacher trainings and community classes in a style inspired through the Krishnamacharya classical yoga lineage and nearly twenty years of practice and training in many different yoga disciplines. Settled Life Yoga An all levels, alignment based practice integrating the principles of anatomy and biomechanics in asana with the ethical and philosophical tenets of the tradition to provide an empowering opportunity to work through any obstacles hindering our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Maria draws on an extensive knowledge base of anatomy and physiology as it applies in yoga asana and specializes in welcoming anyone, in any season of life to practice safely, sensibly and from the heart. She is trusted by a range of clients including professional athletes in the NBA, NFL and NHL.
Maria is registered through the Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT 500, an RPYT (registered prenatal teacher), a continuing education provider (YACEP) and is currently a brand ambassador for Lululemon. At home, she is the devoted mother of four children, a vegan environmentalist and a lifelong student. She holds a BA in History: emphasis in South Asian studies and a minor in Art History and is involved with sharing conservation education as a Hawk docent with Hawkwatch International.
Dates: 20th June 2020 (Greece)
Maddie: I trained to become a yoga teacher in Rishkesh, India (Yoga Capital of the World). I teach mainly Vinyasa flow, and was also trained in Hatha yoga. I have since travelled, taught yoga and lived in a variety of different countries, including Australia, the UK, Greece and Germany.
I really love to incorporate the spiritual aspects of yoga into my classes, allowing you to connect back to your higher self. I have a degree in Psychology and have been practicing Reiki since 9 years old. I love to incorporate these different elements into my practice, providing a holistic and magical yoga experience.
Dates: 27th June 2020 (Greece)
An Architect and a former gymnast – after quitting gymnastics, Farah jumped from one sport to another until she found peace, balance and awareness in yoga.
Farah stumbled upon her first yoga class while recovering from a back injury, seeing the effect it had on her body, connecting and discovering more about her inner-self was the beginning of the journey. she started digging deeper into a more spiritual practice, then travelled to Nepal to study for her 200 hours teacher training. “I’m grateful yoga found me at the right time. Sharing what I’ve learned and guiding my students through a body, mind and soul healing journey is now my greatest passion.”
Dates: 8th August 2020 (Greece)
Hello! I am Danielle and am a 200-hr Certified Yoga Teacher based out of Chicago, IL. And I am ALWAYS ready to pack my bags and travel! I completed my teacher training with Corepower Yoga where I’m currently teaching classes each week. Yoga has been an integral part of my life for over 10 years.
Yoga has gifted me with so many benefits, and has inspired me to share this life changing practice with others. I am also a Registered Dietitian and believe in promoting holistic health that includes mind, body and spirit. I encourage a holistic life with a focus on mindfulness, self care and adventure. I am beyond excited to join in this experience with you all and share this adventure.
Dates: 15th August 2020 (Greece)
Yoga Sailing Itinerary
Saturday: Lefkada to Meganisi
Sunday: Meganisi to Vathy (Ithaka)
Morning swim at the Blue Caves (Lefkada)
Afternoon beach stop
Monday: Vathy to Sami (Kefalonia)
Morning swim stop
*Melissani Caves & scooter ride to Myrtos Beach
Tuesday: Sami to Fishkardo
Swim stop at White Pebble Beach
Afternoon stop in beautiful anchorage
Wednesday: Fishkardo to Sivota
Swim stop at Porto Katsiki
Swim stop in secret location
Thursday: Sivota to anchorage
Lunch / swim stop
Sunset beach BBQ
PM meditation overlooking the bay
Friday: Anchorage to Lefkada
AM yoga overlooking the bay
Lunch / swim stop
Sail to Lefkada
Saturday: Disembark by 09:00
Accommodation will be on the boat. We have 4 cabins, 2 Forward cabins with separate bathrooms, and 2 cabins with a shared bathroom. There’s also a room with 2 bunk beds. All cabins are good for 2 people.
Remember, cabins are on a double-share first come first served basis so buddy up and book early.
Prices are in Euros per person
Forward cabin €1,590 ‘Early Bird’ = €1,540 book before the 4the of February
Master cabin €1,690 ‘Early Bird’ = €1,640 book before the 4th of February
+ Receive a 5% discount when you book through Soul Seed Travel.
* Daily yoga and meditation with qualified experts
* Seven days accommodation on board your luxury yacht
* Full crew: Skipper, hostess & yoga instructor
* Your weekly marina & port fees
* Fuel (circa €250)
* Final cleaning fee (€240)
* Tourism taxes
* Breakfast and lunch, fresh every day on board
* BYO alcohol on board
* Learn how to sail free of charge, or test your skills
* Travel with your own group, solo or as a couple
* Snorkelling gear
* Always a small group on board (max 7 guests)
* A private yacht for a fraction of the cost to do it yourself
* Wifi (1Gb per day)
* No hidden charges or ‘departure taxes’
Does not include
* Your restaurant dinners
* BYO alcohol/mixes
* And any activities off the boat such as excursions or water taxis
What to pack
Most people tend to over pack for a sailing holiday. You generally can pack on the light side, just remember your swimmers, something for the evening at dinner and a warm jacket. Soft bags are preferred on the boat as they’re easier to stow away and cause less damage.
* Travel insurance – it might be worthwhile checking with your company to ensure you’re covered for sailing activities or any last-minute emergencies
* Rock shoes – the rocks can be sharp and if you have some rock shoes, they may be a handy addition to your luggage (if you plan on a little exploring)
* Beach towel – We will provide ben linen and a towel, however if you’d like a beach towel it may pay to bring your own
* Power adapter – it’s always good to bring a power adapter for any electrical items, including USB cords. The boat has 2 prong European power points, personal power banks are also a great idea to bring with you
* Medication – if you need medication, remember to bring it with you, including seasickness tablets if you get motion sickness. It’s better to be safe than seasick!
* Music – pack your favourite music on your iPod or MP3 player and remember to pack your aux cable
* Money – bring cash for our first day, as the island may not have an ATM or accept cards,
* Alcohol – Bring your favourite drink for your first night, should you wish to have a wine on board
* Shoes – any shoes with dark or marking soles and heels are not permitted on board. It would be wise to bring flip-flops or similar for the hot weather
* Personal – Remember your personal toiletries, including shampoo and to pack your swimmers!
* Internet – Although we will have WIFI on the boat, if you want permanent internet on your phone/devices, you can buy a T Mobile SIM for €11 which gives your local calling, SMS and 7-days unlimited 4G data
* WhatsApp – If you haven’t got WhatsApp installed on your phone, download it as we create a group specific to your boat so that we can communicate with everyone and all guests and crew can share their best photos with everyone.
* Yoga gear – comfortable clothing, remember it might be warm
* Underwater camera or GoPro for creating a video of your holiday
OMG I had the time of my life! What a pleasure leading yoga and getting to know all these wonderful beings! I never felt like I was surrounded by strangers. It truly felt I was with family and friends and that we were all on this amazing holiday together! Looking forward to next season. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to “get on board”
Fantastic trip! Staff is knowledgeable and engaging, the island stops in Croatia were great, and the food was as tasty as it was beautifully presented. If you are thinking about this, just do it.
To make an enquiry or book this Greek Islands yoga sailing retreat, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Book Your Room||
Forward Double cabin (per person price): £1290, Master Double cabin (per person price): £1375, Pay a deposit to hold your place: £500