Breathtaking Hiking and Yoga holiday in Montenegro, 14 – 21 September, 25 September – 2 October
Breathtaking Hiking and Yoga holiday in Montenegro
If you are a lover of the great outdoors then this spring hiking and yoga holiday in Montenegro is for you. We have planned a week to showcase all that this untouched area of the world has to offer!.
You can expect a relaxed yet exhilarating itinerary, with breathtaking hikes, water sports, boat excursions, beautiful day trips and more, with 3 hours of yoga per day.
We are based in a beautifully renovated olive mill 10 minutes from the spectacular coast, a short walk from the traditional old town and with its cosy restaurants and shops, so if you choose to have a day to relax by yourself, this is fine, too!
If you haven’t visited Montenegro before, you are absolutely in for a treat. Unlike its neighbour Croatia, Montenegro is relatively untouched by tourism but shares the same stunning coastline, scenery and friendly people, we have planned a week for you exploring all that Montenegro has to offer!
Montenegro is half the size of Wales, but in a relatively small area you will be lucky to find an incredible coastline with unspoilt beaches, clear lakes in the national parks for wild swimming, rivers fit for kayaking, and mountains that are begging to be conquered. We can arrange day tours, hiking, cycling and more for you so that you can take in all there is of this incredible country.
8am: Wake up with hot water and lemon.
8.30-10am: Morning yoga practice.
10.00am: Brunch served.
11am-5pm: Time for activities – Walking, hiking, climbing or just relaxing in the chalet. Massage and other holistic treatments on offer.
6pm-7.30pm: Evening yoga practice.
Amy’s style of teaching comes from a place of nurturing. She wants you to feel free to explore the capabilities of your own body, respect your boundaries and learn how to heal and protect it.
By blending strong, grounded hatha practises with the freedom found in Scaravelli and vinyasa she believes that each practise can help create the perfect balance between flexibility and stability in both body and mind.
About the Yoga
Our 1.5 hour morning classes are designed to help you awaken your body, focusing on energising and invigorating your body, ready for an exhilarating day exploring the stunning scenery.
After your day hiking, exploring or relaxing at the beach, return to the olive mill to unwind and relax tired bodies with a restorative evening yoga class. This gentle session will vary each evening and include pranayama and meditation to help mind and body really let go and allow you to enter a state of deep relaxation.
Vegetarian / healthy
Inside we have 100 m2 of main common room with comfy sofas, a fully equipped kitchen and a cosy fireplace. A smaller common area of 40 m2 is perfect for reading and relaxing.
We have 7 ensuite double rooms and 18 dormitory cosy double dorm beds. Outside there is 2000 m2 of garden space with fire pit, treehouse, outdoor seating, stage and river access. Our patio is perfect for evening meals under the stars, and our vine-clad pergola offers shade throughout the day.
Triple room: £795pp
Twin/Double with shared bathroom: £895pp
Single room with ensuite: £945pp
• 7 nights beautiful group accommodation
• 2 x 1.5hr daily yoga classes
• Outdoor plunge pool to cool off from the Adriatic heat
• 1 guided hike on the first day with packed lunch
• Day trip to Virpazar
• Delicious brunch after yoga
• Gourmet vegetarian evening feast
• Experienced and friendly AdventureYogi and local hosts to look after your every need and help arrange excursions
• Flights/train travel, insurance
• Transfers can be arranged at an additional cost
• Afternoon activities. We will send more information about prices closer to the time and then tailor the week to the groups desires for a bespoke package
• Massage treatments are available on request
What to pack
• Yoga mats are provided, but if you would like blocks, straps, eye pillows or anything else please bring them with you! Also, if you love your mat, then bring it along!
• Beachwear, and what you need to protect yourself from the sun: sunglasses, hat and suntan lotion
• Hiking boots and appropriate socks
• Mosquito repellent
• Light clothing for coastal and harbour towns
• A jumper or cardigan for the cool mountain evenings
• Shorts and t-shirts that “breathe” for hiking (avoid cotton)
• A camera and binoculars to observe the fauna
• A water bottle (more ecological than plastic bottles!)
• Your prescription if travelling with lots of medicine
• A road map and your international driving licence should you wish to hire a car
• Indoor shoes/slippers to keep your toes warm
How to get there
We can support travellers with arranging this transfer as we know it’s sometimes nerve racking organising transfers in an unfamiliar place. We will book the transfer and pass on the details to you, but the fee must be paid in euros to the transfer company on arrival. It will be approximately 50 euros return and 25 euros single trip depending on the number of travellers.
The journey takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours from Dubrovnik to the retreat depending on the time it takes to exit the airport and general traffic.
If you want to arrange flights outside these times, there are 2x Buses a day 11am and 20.30 from Dubrovnik to Bar which is approximately £20. Click here for more information. Please check these transfer times before booking your flights though.
Activities – yoga, pilates, wellness program etc
Easyjet, Jet 2 and flybe all fly to Dubrovnik, Croatia for return flights from as little as £80. We can organise a group return transfer for you from Dubrovnik to the venue if you get flights arriving into Dubrovnik before 2pm, and flights departing out of Dubrovnik after 2pm. The transfer will be at an extra cost. You can use Skyscanner to search for the best deals.
Fill in the booking form to make an enquiry or booking on this yoga and hiking retreat in Montenegro. You can also contact the team direct on email@example.com if you have any questions.