4 or 7 Day Holistic Happiness Holidays, Andalusia (flexible dates all year round)
Receive a complimentary bottle of the highest quality aromatherapy oil when you book through Soul Seed Travel. Fill in the form to make an enquiry or booking. We will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this modern world “Happiness” and its popular sidekick “Well-Being” are the holy grail of our time. One thing we know is that money can’t buy. In fact on average people have grown no happier in the last fifty years, even though average incomes have more than doubled.
The good news is that there are definitely things we can do to help, from working on our outlook, becoming more resilient, paying attention, practicing gratitude and showing kindness to others.
In many ways happiness is an inside job but with a new age of spiritual enlightenment upon us we have a readily accessible cornucopia of ways to help from therapy to yoga, meditation and mindfulness, breathing techniques to practicing self care.
We have also realised that the mind-body connection is crucial to our overall wellness. What and how we eat, how and when we move our bodies have as much influence on our mental as our physical health.
Other crucial happiness habits have gradually been lost in our quest for “stuff”, the grind of the hamster wheel and our slavery to technology- Creativity, connection with nature, learning new skills and just merely being present and sensing the awe of the everyday.
We have devised The Happiness Holidays to bring a little bit of all of these things back into your life- Nature, Peace, Comfort, Tranquility, Culture, History, New places and experiences – as well as providing perfect spaces for you to relax, recharge and renew.
Our retreats are designed to always be inclusive- all bodies of all ages and abilities are welcome! The same goes for dietary requirements. Our small focused groups mean each guest can experience a personal and tailored retreat.
Los Castaños is a small charming rural boutique hotel located in an unmapped Pueblo Blanco just 14 km from Ronda, a busy tourist town in Andalucia. Our luxury hotel is close enough to enjoy the gastronomic, cultural and historical attractions of Ronda but far enough away that you can escape to the peace of the mountains and countryside in just fifteen minutes.
Our romantic oasis of peace combines simplicity with luxury. Not the boring corporate kind, but something new, emphasizing style, generosity, knowledge, care and love. A unique hotel in a totally unexpected location. John and Di love what they do and are so happy to share this undiscovered and beautiful part of Andalucia with like-minded discerning guests who appreciate the peace and the beauty.
Our guests also come to chill. To relax on our rooftop terrace with its hypnotic mountain vistas whilst still in touch with the outside world using our free wifi. They read books from our extensive library, enjoy the many board games that we provide, get addicted to Yahtzee and enjoy the social atmosphere that more often than not prevails at Los Castaños.
Each our six rooms at Los Castaños, are similar, but uniquely different. Whilst they are all furnished and equipped to the same meticulous standard, each offers a different outlook. The Sunrise Room for example has a glorious view of the mountains from the bed itself whilst the Mountain View Room has a panoramic view of the Serrania de Ronda from the balcony.
The Curro Comacho room has a similar view but because of the arrangement of the room and decor, it provides a vastly different feel. The Village Room as the name suggests is a great lookout point over the village to watch the comings and goings in the town hall and across the square. Great for people watching!
One room favoured by many of our guests is the Moorish Courtyard which overlooks the flower-filled patio at the back of the building. It’s a cosy room that is flooded with the afternoon sun that also illuminates the Private Retreat; a special room with a private entrance which is a little separate from the other rooms, hence the name.
Unlike most Spanish hotel rooms, our quite unique boutique hotel features air conditioning and of course heating for the cooler months of winter when incidentally there is great walking in the valley! We provide tea and a cafetière in each room, also not usually found in hotels here, but our guests really appreciate that.
4 nights- 999 euros per person based on 2 sharing
7 nights- 1499 euros per person based on 2 sharing
Secure a 10 % discount (2 pax) or 15% (4 pax) when you book before 31/12/2020
- 4 or 7 nights accommodation in a luxurious, super comfortable ensuite room.
- A sumptuous breakfast (with vegetarian or vegan option available), including tea, coffee, and fresh fruit, each and every morning to prepare you for the day.
- Whilst we love our guests to share the wealth and use local bars in the villages at lunchtime, whenever needed we will provide you with a picnic.
- Choose one of our “Happy Days”- designed to combine time in nature with activities that boost happiness and connection- photography, birdwatching, art and creativity.
- A deep dive into happiness for body, mind and soul. Choose a masterclass with one of our Well-being experts- from Integral psychotherapy, to Yoga, to Breathwork.
- Handpicked activities to help you both relax and have fun- horse riding, cooking, spa circuits, massage and more.
- Little extra happiness bites that take the hassle out of your holiday- booking and entrance to local sights, monuments and concerts. All you have to do is arrive and enjoy.
- Personalised walks for you to explore our beautiful area and deeply connect with nature, all modified to suit your ability or inclination!
- Free time to explore. From the undiscovered villages of the Alto Genal to the major cities of Andalucia. We are in an excellent central position to explore this beautiful region.
- Upon your return from your daily activities, we serve you with a pre-dinner drink followed by a delicious three-course dinner with a bottle of local Ronda wine.
- A chance to learn and practice our happiness habits- from morning movement and mindfulness to positive ways to optimise a healthy mind, body and soul.
- Use of the Hotel facilities- including Sauna, mini gym, Wifi, as well as beautiful communal areas where you are free to do absolutely nothing! Enjoy the comfortable fireside drawing room, the rooftop terrace and the Moorish courtyard.
- Use of our village gym during your stay.
- Pick up of small efficient hire car at Malaga Airport is included to use during your stay.
- When booking for 4 people as well as discounts there are bonus activities and possibilities for extended and richer experiences- e.g.. enjoy a forest picnic with your horse riding experience or enjoy a Vineyard lunch. Just ask for more details.
Does not include
- Airport Transfer (The hotel can arrange)
- Travel insurance
- Thai massage
- Healing session
- Life coaching
- One on one yoga or pilates
What past guests have said
“A 6 room hideaway hotel, relaxed and charming, an oasis of good taste in the heart of an Andalucian village close to Ronda.” Little Hotels”
“An oasis of style and comfort… A couple of days of pure mountain air, birds of prey circling overhead & you begin to appreciate the harmony of an older, slower and infinitely more peaceful way of life. ” The Scotsman
“Stunning Location, Wonderful hosts, Amazing food, Beautiful room with one of the best views you could wish for. Better than any of the 5* places we have stayed. Don’t think twice about it, just book it!”
What to pack
- Small rucksack for hiking
- Rain proof outerwear
- Comfortable training clothes
- Warm clothes (for early mornings and evenings)
- Swimwear and flip flops for Spa
Location and how to get there
Our retreats take place at Hotel Los Castaños, Cartajima, Malaga, Spain. You can fly to Malaga, Gibraltar, Jerez or Seville. We can also arrange airport transfers. We are around 90 mins from Malaga airport, 45 minutes inland from the Costa del Sol and 20 minutes from Ronda.
To book your place on a Holistic Happiness Retreat in Andalusia, send your enquiry to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on email@example.com.