Mixed Media and Storytelling Workshop, Ibiza 16th – 20th June (2021)
This retreat has a special offer on. Receive a €25 discount when you book with a friend through Soul Seed Travel. To book, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on email@example.com.
Mixed Media and Storytelling Workshop, Ibiza
In this hands-on workshop you will explore in depth the inspirational, aesthetic and symbolic potentials of art materials, textures, images, objects and composition of all kinds. You will uncover the metaphorical and imaginary language that lies within your choices of media and how it can jump start your imagination. You will experience how your creative process reveals itself through unconscious connections and unexpected synchronicities.
The workshop combines scrapbooking, collage, assemblage and mixed techniques on paper, on hard surface and on canvas with guided creation exercises, embodied explorations, creative writing and group sharing to inspire personal studio time. You will create 4 to 5 artworks during the workshop.
In this process you will learn or improve your existing skills to:
- Observe the inherent qualities of art materials and use them most creatively
- Explore conscious and unconscious symbolic language, dream images and imagination
- Embrace chance and randomness to tap into unexpected sources of inspiration and develop a new visual language
- Build up and shape layers with collage, assemblages, painting and other mixed techniques on paper, canvas and hard surface using a selection of tools and techniques
- Explore the aesthetic of composition, metaphors and symbolic language
- Learn to work with the complementary creative forces of chaos and order, masculine and feminine, Eros and the creative impulses, de-constructing and re-constructing
- Surrender to the shaping process of your creation, dialogue with your emerging work and experience creative synchronicity
- Turn your inner critic and other inner voices into constructive support
- Deepen your phenomenological observation of art materials, of the surface of your artworks and your experiential process
- Use creative writing, poetry and the awareness/phenomenology of your experience to reflect on your artistic process
- Present your artworks in an aesthetic interdisciplinary way using installation, writing and/or performance
- Harvest meaningful insights from your journey and transfer them into the context of your life
- Benefit from the creative dynamic of the group
Roseline’s art studio has been the cradle of many artistic projects and vibrates with creative energy. The studio is a 70 m2 luminous space with high ceilings and outdoor country area perfect for intimate sharing and relating in small group settings. It is fully equipped with ample space to provide for all modalities of artistic expression.
Creating together with a group of other like-minded aspiring or experienced artists is an irreplaceable well of inspiration and discovery. The studio is situated near the village/port of Santa Eulalia on the east cost of the island. The nature of Ibiza is beautifully untamed and offers an endless source of inspiration for artists.
This workshop takes place in my art studio with a group of 5 participants only. Each participant has a working area with easel, table and floor space to create inside the studio plus outdoor space if weather permit. The program is aimed for adults interested in expressive and symbolic contemporary art making and is designed to be inspiring for skilled artists as well as beginners. Through this journey you will receive my personal support to extend your creative/artistic potentials.
All basic art materials are provided, if possible bring a selection of your own images, photos, postcards … to weave your personal history/inspiration into your creation.
Participants can book a vegetarian lunch on Saturday and Sunday for an extra cost of 15 euros.
We recommend the Hotel Cas Catala in Santa Eulalia, a sweet hotel at very reasonable rates, with singles and doubles rooms and a swimming pool. Located a 20 minute walk from Art studio and three minutes by car. Read reviews.
Prices are in Euros
Early bird €480
Normal rate €520
- acrylic paints
- brushes & tools
- 2 canvases of 50 x 70 cm
- morning pick up in Santa Eulalia if needed
Does not include
* Hotel accommodations and meals
* Transport from airport to hotel and back
What past guests have said
”Roseline bristles with passion and creativity, she infuses you with her deep and natural love for creative expression. She gently guided me on a journey of inquiry to discover my own natural creativity. Her workshop was like ‘hitting the refresh button’ feeling a healthy aliveness so welcome to my body, mind and spirit.”
Ruth Thomas, Waitress and Druidess, UK
“The creative sessions with Roseline helped me to connect with my inner source and my inherent creativity. Not only was I – somewhat to my surprise – able to create meaningful pieces of art, I was able to integrate this source of creativity into my day to day life and work. Highly recommended – not only for artists!!” Vera Rodenhoff, Senior Government Official, Germany
What to pack
* Comfortable clothes to move and paint, that you don’t mind to spot
* Hiking shoes
* Small back pack (to carry basic art materials, picnic, water & personal items during hike)
To make an enquiry or book this mindful artists retreat, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.