Ski Yoga Alpine Retreats in Alpe d’Huez France
Do you dream of combining the passion of skiing and snowboarding with the restorative balm of yoga and meditation? Rockin’ the slopes and carving some inspirational yoga into your holiday? Then come along to our Ski Yoga Alpine retreat.
Outside there is ice, snow, powder and breathtaking mountains. Inside the beautiful stone and wooden chalet there are log fires, bespoke rooms and congenial communal spaces lit by candles, warm smiles and tall tales of mountain adventures.
Delicious vegetarian meals, home made breads, juices and house wines are served daily as the sun rises and sets over the mountains of the Oisans ranges.
This is an ancient village where time has been preserved in the twists of the timbers that support the tumbling tiles and wood piles high beside the cow shed door and yet, we can potter up the road and with one ski-lift are deposited into the heart of one of Europe’s favourite ski areas, Alpe d’Huez.
Pumping pistes and the life affirming backdrop of the alpine scenery make this a retreat that offers both peace and passion for the ultimate ski-yoga getaway. Our ski yoga space looks over the mountains, with eyes drawn towards the rising sun or moon, high above the valley floor.
This environment is perfect to breathe deeply of life, to restore and revitalise as the practice soothes tired muscles, calms the mind and prepares the body lovingly for the skiing in your day ahead.
The company is warm, like minded and welcoming, with participants returning annually to experience the dream fusion of a holiday that facilitates skiing in one of the world’s top resorts and the yoga instruction of a senior inspirational teacher.
The village is a spring board into the ski resort of Alpe D’Huez – one fast lift takes you into the heart of the ski area. If you are new to skiing, you can book ski school or private instruction and can enjoy staying local as you learn this exhilarating sport.
More experienced skiers might choose to buy a lift pass for the whole resort and we offer a ski orientation tour for the first three mornings for those who like to ski in a group and would like to get to know what the mountain can offer.
Boots, skis and boards can be hired in the village. Ski guides can be hired for off-piste adventures. It is a five minute walk to the slopes or there is a free navette bus.
This ski yoga retreat is hosted by folk who are passionate about yoga, snow sports and excellent hospitality. There are rare single room options and no time wasting transfers to the lifts required each day. The views from this chalet are utterly breathtaking.
Whilst practically it will be tailored to the needs of a skier or snow-boarder, our yoga skiretreat is also a time to deepen other aspects of your practice like daily meditation in serene silence and pranayama which is the science of breath and energetic body.
There will be a sweet strong intuitive hatha yoga flow to start the day and a shorter quieter evening practice of restorative sahdana to cultivate stillness every other evening. A loving yogic enquiry into the essence of you through a powerful cocktail of asana, mindfulness and breath.
Please note there is evening yoga on three nights and morning yoga on five mornings.
7.30am Yoga flow in hall
10.15am Lessons, independent skiing or group orientation session
4 pm Tea & cake
6.00pm Restorative yoga and meditation in hall
7.15 pm Aperitifs
Trained in the hatha yoga traditions of Sivananda, Ashtanga and Iyengar, Emma’s teaching is a flowing imaginative journey into the body and mind through asana, stories, poetry, meditation and breath.
She is a senior teacher with the Yoga Alliance Professionals UK and offers yoga teacher training weekends for SUP Yoga. Her retreats are perfect for those wishing to dive deeper into their understanding of yoga and are steeped in the qualities of integrity and joy.
Emma has been offering yoga retreats for fifteen years. She specialises in balancing the important elements of offering inspirational creative yoga classes, a loving, safe and supportive group environment and the needs of precious time to simply be on holiday, enjoy wonderful food, comfort and beauty.
A strong skier who loves the mountains, this is a dream come true to offer the clarity of yoga in the serenity of the alps. The practice
The Food: traditional skiing food is hearty and plentiful. We offer a wholesome and healthy brunch type breakfast to propel you up the slopes.
The evening meal will be vegetarian, have three courses and pay homage to some local specialities. Half board meals throughout the week except for one evening when we will eat in the village.
Our yoga ski retreat is hosted in a bespoke spacious chalet, this venue has boho elegance in a traditional building surrounded by snow covered mountainous vistas.
It is a converted 200 year old traditional Oisans stone barn which faces south with panoramic uninterrupted views of the surrounding mountains, in the village of Villard Reculas which is part of the Alpe d’Huez ski area.
Snuggle, cocooned in the warmth of this comfortable homely hideaway where there are 6 bedrooms with either en-suite or private facilities and two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Single, double and twin occupancy options are listed in the price.
Log fired sitting rooms and libraries offer plenty of nooks and corners to rest with a hot chocolate steaming in your hands. This eco friendly chalet generates its own hot water on sunny days.
Prices are in British pounds
Shared double / twin occupancy:
£675 with shared bathroom – only two rooms share the bathroom.
£725 with en-suite or private bathroom.
Single occupancy – a rare and affordable option with ski/yoga breaks.
£985 with shared bathroom – only two rooms share the bathroom.
£1035 with en-suite or private bathroom.
Please note all dates are now sold out besides the 2nd – 9th of March.
* An experienced retreat teacher who has organised yoga specific holidays for over fifteen years.
* 7 nights accommodation in a bespoke, eco-friendly, boho chic chalet in an haut village, within 5 minutes walk to the first ski lift.
* Single, double or twin rooms subject to availability.
* 5 daily morning sessions of yoga.
* 3 evening restorative practices of yoga.
* All yoga equipment.
* 7 mornings of healthy brunch.
* 7 afternoon teas with cake.
* 6 evenings of hors d’ouvres and pre-dinner drinks.
* 6 delicious evening meals – three courses of vegetarian specialities.
* Selection of wine available in the evenings.
* Unlimited tea, filtered coffee and herbal teas with optional soya or almond milk available.
* Crabtree and Evelyn ‘La Source’ toiletries’.
* Ski orientation over three days to familiarise you with this awesome ski area – optional of course.
* Free navette bus service to the lifts if required.
* Help with organisation of ski tuition, lessons are with the ESF ski school in the village.
* Secure ski storage.
* Transfer from Rochataille to the chalet – this is the final 20 minute hop up the mountain.
* Replacement of any feather bedding on request from guest for allergy reasons.
* Massage or physio therapy treatments available to purchase and enjoy in the chalet.
* Chalet’s sauna and hot tub
Does not include
* Travel to Rochataille
* Holiday insurance
* Lift pass
* Equipment hire
* Ski / Snowboarding lessons if you require these
* One evening meal in the village
* Walking around these mountains is soul affirming.
* Snow shoeing is fun and doesn’t require a lift pass.
* Dog sledding from Alpe d’Huez.
* Swimming pool that your lift pass gives you access to.
* Cultural information tours around the village.
* Paragliding trip or to learn to snow-kite.
* Cross-country ski area.
* A six day pass also gives access to Les Deux Alpes which can be driven to or a helicopter trip can be arranged.
What past guests have said
”The ‘snow yoga’ holiday with Emma was amazing – starting the day with magical meditation and yoga, looking out across the snow covered mountains with candles flickering, as the sun came up was inspiring, followed by great skiing and then a wonderful evening yoga session adapted to how sore our muscles were from skiing. Great location and food and as ever a wonderfully positive, uplifting and fun atmosphere that Emma created. Thank you Emma hope to join you again soon.” Jane Mckay
”I’ve just got back from the most Amazing ski and yoga holiday with Emma. Starting the morning with a great yoga session before heading out onto the snow was one of the most refreshing holidays I’ve ever had. Great food and fantastic new people. Thank you Em”. Charlotte Rann
”Emma’s classes are thoughtfully prepared and she gives so much encouragement, love and technical advice that I am amazed she still has energy to spare at the end. Her blend of expert yoga knowledge woven with literary dexterity and music choices give her classes a unique feel that is both testing and hugely enjoyable.” Derek Charlton
What to pack
– Yoga clothing – think more leggings than shorts and have some long sleeve t-shirts available
– Ski underwear – Late January and early February skiing can be cold, so have options for extra layers.
– Ski outerwear. Bottoms, coat, gloves, scarf
– Sensible walking or snow appropriate outside footwear
– Slippers for the chalet as there is no outside footwear allowed inside
– Swimming suit for sauna and swimming towel if planning to head to Alp d’Huez pool
How to get here
Travel to the chalet is straightforward with flights to and from Grenoble with Easy Jet or British Airways. From here transfers of one and a half hours to the resort need to be arranged, details can be shared on enquiry.
You could also be green and choose to travel by train, from St Pancras London to Grenoble with a change in Paris gives total trip time of between 6:40 hours and 7:30 hours. The advantage of booking early is to ensure very cheap flights and trains. Check flight deals by searching below.
To book or enquire about this renew and restore yoga retreat fill in the form below. You can also email the team directly at email@example.com who will get back to you within 24 hours.
For payments from a UK bank account please send to Soul Seed Travel & Media Ltd, Sort Code
20 71 74 / Account number 23 54 75 82. No fees will be charged.
Alternatively payment can be made via PayPal with a 4% charge. Links for each room type are below.