Sunshine Santorini Yoga Holiday, 24th – 31st August
Sunshine Santorini Yoga Holiday
For a breathtaking and unforgettable sunshine Santorini yoga holiday, come and join us on the magical island known for its beautiful blue and white churches and surrounded by majestic views of volcanoes in the backdrop, the crystal clear Aegean sea and stunning sunsets.
Get all the Vitamin D you could possibly need and more soaking-in the warm Greek summer sun. The wonderful heart-warming people of Greece, the food, and stunning scenery make it a very special location to retreat to. There really is nothing else quite like Santorini so it is a must-do holiday destination.
Your Santorini yoga holiday will include accommodation at a stunning boutique hotel, a wholesome organic breakfast of fruit, granola, meats, cheeses, yoghurt and more all freshly prepared, 3 hours of yoga per day, a 2 hour walking tour of the Santorini Coastline, and more.
For the adventurous, you can go diving, kayaking, sailing, surfing, and more. If you just want to relax, you can go swimming or snorkeling in the crystal clear blue waters, or lounge around on the beach or by the hotel pool.
Our Santorini yoga holiday is held at a stunning hotel, set at the bottom of the hillside in this magical volcanic island, just outside the very beautiful village of Oia. Set amongst vineyards and gardens, providing a beautiful, relaxing setting in which to fully unwind.
It has Greek style white washed little houses with domed roofs and a roof terrace for 1 – 3 people. All have a small kitchen area, a bathroom, sleeping area and outside area. There is a large pool area with a friendly bar and restaurant for lunches, dinners or snacks throughout the day. There are a choice of single, twin or triple occupancy rooms.
We have created this sunshine yoga holiday Santorini to have some of the evenings off as there is so much to see and do here that you will enjoy having this time to do the things that you would like to do. The first evening meal is at the boutique hotel and all the food is organic and grown in their garden.
It is a must to go and have dinner in Oia for a few of the evenings, as the views are the most breathtaking you will see in Europe. You can also find great restaurants that can cater for you for around €20 per person for 2 courses. The final meal is included in the price and is at the boutique hotel, so everyone can enjoy the last evening together.
On three of the evenings we will be out: after the hike to Fira and sunset gazing; wine tasting then group dinner out and a day on the yacht followed by dinner out. The restaurants vary in price so it is up to you how much you would like to spend.
Below is what is included in the price or free:
- A breathtaking and beautiful 2-hour walk from Oia to Fira (the capital) which is stunning and takes you around the edge of Santorini with stunning views, ending at the spiritual rock in Thira to watch the sunset.
- Relax on the volcanic beach and swim in the sea by the boutique hotel
- Relax by the 20metre pool and be looked after by the wonderful team
- Visit Oia, an absolute highlight! A stunning town located on the volcanic hillside of Santorini, perfect for those who want to explore the Greek life further. In Oia, you will find the unique, magical and renowned blue and white church tops mixed in with the whitewashed tavernas and luxury hotels that line the cliff side. There are stunning shops and unique restaurants with delicious Greek cuisine as well as quaint coffee houses where you can enjoy Greek yogurt dripping with honey whilst watching the stunning view of the Caldera; something not to be missed.
- Visit the local town for some great shopping
8am – 9.30am: Morning yoga
9.30am: Brunch served
10.30am – 5.30pm: Time to explore Oia or other local towns, go to the beach, relax by the pool, have a treatment or enjoy one of our excursions
6pm – 7.30pm: Evening yoga
8.00pm: Time to dine
Drawing from the energy of fire and water that surrounds you here in Santorini, with the volcano the Caldera and the Aegean sea, these elements will come into play during your yoga experience.
From these elements be prepared for a powerful transformation. The morning classes will be held a silent walk away to the blue and white church with views out to the Aegean Sea, absorbing the elements and feeling the sun warm up the day.
A combination of hatha flow and inversions as the week goes by. The evening classes, more restorative and playful will be held in the yoga studio.
With 3 hours of yoga over 6 days, start to unwind from your daily life and release into relaxation and feel your energy revitalise over your week with us. Any age, ability or level can enjoy this yoga practice.
Louise is a warm and enlightening teacher who uses yoga to help you feel good! Louise has spent time in India, where she studied and practiced yoga extensively- training to teach vinyasa flow in the foothills of the Himalayas. She is an advocate for using the spiritual, heart opening nature of yoga to help you live a more peaceful and contented life. Louise teaches a mixture of Hatha Flow, Yin and meditation on her retreats, but is also a qualified life coach and reiki healer.
Her yoga journey began with Bikram which she really enjoyed. However it wasn’t until she discovered Hot Power Yoga (Vinyasa Flow in a warm room) that she really understood what yoga was all about; it was a more spiritual, heart opening practice there. Since then she has spent time living at the Sivananda Ashram in Kerala India learning their Hatha series and experiencing a full yogic life style. She has travelled around India extensively learning from different yoga teachers and trained to teach Vinyasa Flow yoga in the foothills of the Himalayas.
Louise loves the creativity, movement and use of breath in her Hatha Flow classes. All her classes have a strong focus on heart opening, releasing emotions, acceptance and being present. She sets intentions and shares learnings about life through her classes, drawing from her day to day life experience, what she learnt over the years as a life coach and through the months she spent in India.
Louise also trained in trauma sensitive yoga which brings the therapeutic and mindfulness aspect of yoga to help heal sufferers of trauma and stress. As well as Hatha Flow she also loves to practice Yin Yoga to balance out the more dynamic aspect of flow with the slow mindfulness of yin.
With all her experience she teaches a mixture of energising slow flow yoga and a slower mindful practice. Her intention is for her students to leave the class feeling peaceful and content with open hearts. She teaches in a light hearted and flexible way to cater for all levels, and includes pranayama and meditation.
Aside from yoga she enjoys her work as a life coach along with hula hooping, paddle boarding, travelling and dancing.
The food is all locally grown and absolutely delicious at our Santorini yoga holiday. Two evening meals are included in the price at the boutique hotel. The other evenings you can choose to either stay at the hotel where you can enjoy fresh home grown fruit and vegetables of an amazing quality and taste, or explore Oia and find a local restaurant.
You can enjoy a meal for as little as €15 in Oia and at the hotel. The produce is organic and seasonal, ripened by the beautiful warm Aegean sunshine which makes the cuisine fantastic.
We know the local area and the locals well so we know the best places to eat and the price ranges available.
There are 3 accommodation options in these beautiful white-washed houses:
Early Bird: £895pp
Early Bird: £795pp
Early Bird: £1345pp
The early bird price expires 12 weeks prior: May 24th 2019.
* 7 night’s beautiful Santorini style accommodation
* 2 x 1.5 hr yoga classes a day (with 1 day off)
* 7 mornings Greek style breakfast by the pool
* 2 evening meals at the hotel on the first night and the last evening
* 20 metre private swimming pool and bar/restaurant area
* Spacious and shaded yoga space
* All yoga equipment provided
* 16 km hike/pilgrimmage from Oia to Fira along the coast line to a sunset meditation over the caldera
* Stunning settings and sunsets guaranteed
Does not include
* 5 evening meals
* Wine tasting – a fun evening pre-dinner to go with the group. Try a wine tasting evening amongst the vines to enjoy the local Santorini wines and a perfect sunset amongst new friends. Price: €20
* Yacht cruise around the caldera – A must! Relax on a large luxury catamaran and be wined and dined whilst sailing around the bay of the Caldera. Take a dip in the natural hot springs from the live volcano! Swim in stunning turquoise waters. Price includes travel to the port, lunch, free drinks and a day on the yacht. Price: About €100
* Sea kayaking
* Visit the volcanic hot springs
* One to One Yoga with Chetana.
* Massage from one of our Greek Gods.
What pasts guests have said
”Surpassed all my expectations. Just the best holiday we have ever had. This yoga retreat has been the best experience of my life. I arrived tired, stressed and weary of life and its issues. Leaving feeling just fantastic, ready to become the person I want to be!”. Sam
”The week more than met my expectations. I feel that i have been encouraged to put myself and my life on track. Also excellent organisation. Everything ran smoothly and there was time to do your own thing.” Nina
”The week more than met my expectations. I feel that i have been encouraged to put myself and my life on track. Also excellent organisation. Everything ran smoothly and there was time to do your own thing.” Karen
What to pack
* Yoga mat
* Mosquito spray
* Towels will be provided – although you might want to bring a spare or a sarong for the beach.
* A good book
* Sun cream
* Sun hat
* Trainers for walks
How to get here
You fly to Santorini (Thira) National Airport – Transfers will be arranged for you to the hotel when you inform us of your travel arrangements. We recommend SkyScanner to search for the best airfare.
Fill in the booking form to make an enquiry or booking on this Santorini Yoga holiday. You can also contact the team direct on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.