Our Wellness & Kefi Retreat is about letting go, experiencing authentic joy, and resetting your mind & body while connecting to Greek culture.
Kefi, a Greek word that has no exact English equivalent, is a feeling of joy, passion, and spirit that you simply have to be there to feel. This joyful word is our anchor and ethos for this retreat.
This retreat includes wellness & mind-body practices, including movement, meditation, and journaling. We’ll also have daily group meals (the Mediterranean way!), dinner & drinks in Chora (Serifos’ historic main town), a Greek dance lesson, beach adventures, Greek cultural experiences, inspiring views, and more.
Join us for 5 nights on the beautiful Cycladic island of Serifos. We’ll enjoy a mindful wellness experience with like-minded souls during our time on retreat.
This retreat is for you if you’re: interested in living healthily, are drawn to cultural experiences, feel called to personal & spiritual growth, are willing to open your mind (and heart!) to new practices and ways of being, love community, and are curious about creating space in your life for magic.
Serifos is a small Greek island in the Cyclades, located conveniently close to Athens by ferry. It is not overly-developed and has quintessentially Cycladic whitewashed houses and narrow, winding streets. The island is a holiday destination for insiders and Greeks from the mainland and has incredible beaches, and one of the most picturesque capitals, or “Chora.”
This retreat is:
- A curated, Greek-inspired reset on an incredible (and not overly touristic) Greek island
- Wellness & mind-body practices in a fun and approachable way
- A pause from the grind of life & reset
- Something richer than a typical resort vacation – on this retreat you care for your mind & body, experience local culture, take-in incredible views, experience some of Europe’s beaches, and connect with a like-minded community
- Balance. Think morning meditation & local wine with a sunset. ‘Sign me up!’
Katrina Paraskevopoulos, is a Greek-American who has always felt that Greece is her happy place in the world. She grew up traveling to Greece in the summers. It was pure bliss. Greece has the ability to heal every worry, relieve deep tension, bring comfort to your belly, and leave a big smile on your face. She wants to help spread the bliss, peace, and healing of Greece with all of you.
Katrina is also a Wellness Expert and runs Kat Health Fitness, supporting women to heal their relationships with their body and food, cultivate a healthy balanced lifestyle, and build a positive mind. She is also the founder of Eyia Wellness, supporting companies and organizations to build a positive and engaged culture through wellness.
In the past 5 years, Katrina has been on a journey of diving deeper to her connection within and to spirit.
Katrina is a life-long learner. She loves personal and spiritual development and supporting others on their journey inward. It’s the most challenging and most rewarding journey you will ever embark upon.
Yia Mas is founded by Greek American Kristina Maria Headrick. Yia Mas synthesizes her Greek upbringing with a lifelong study of Greek philosophy, dance, design, and culture. Kristina’s unbounded curiosity and and appreciation for self-inquiry led her to pursue alternative ways of presenting Greek folk remedies and ancient traditions in a way that modern audiences find engaging. She holds a degree in history from the University of Virginia.
Yia Mas is heavily influenced by Kristina’s ongoing studies and certifications. She has extensive experience studying yoga and meditation, (200-hour RYT, 100-hour meditation teacher training with Nalanda Institute of Contemplative Science, 75-hour training with Katonah Yoga, Mentorship program at Sky Ting Yoga in NYC).
With a background in writing and digital marketing, her work bridges the gap between our increasingly digital realities and tactile experiences. She balances digital work with teaching movement and meditation, including corporate and co-working space settings in New York City.
We are staying in a beautiful boutique hotel on a hilltop with views of the sea and the highest point of Chora, which has a beautiful church. You will experience expansive views and peaceful sounds, but only be a 10 minute walk from an incredible beach and a few minutes drive from the Port and Chora. Our accommodation has incredible shaded spaces for our wellness practices and workshops
Each room is an apartment style and very spacious.
Single Occupancy $3333
Double Occupancy $2800
Triple Occupancy $2350
Reserve your spot with a $500 deposit.
- 5 nights stay in a beautiful boutique hotel in Serfios
- Single, Double, or Triple Occupancy available
- 2 nourishing meals a day: Breakfast and Lunch or Dinner at our accommodation
- Welcome ceremony
- Daily morning practices including movement & meditation
- All fitness and yoga equipment
- Daily journaling practices
- True Joy Workshop
- Greek Herbs Workshop
- Greek Dance Workshop & Greek dancing experience
- Guided ThetaHealing Meditation session with sunset
- Beach adventure day to our favorite beach on the island: includes transportation
- 1 local authentic Greek dinner & wine in Chora
- 1 group cultural experience
- Closing ceremony
What past guests have said
Katrina’s retreat was an epic reboot to my fitness and state of mind.
The challenging daily workouts were well balanced with calming/relaxing yoga sessions that helped close the days. The hotel location was a perfect perch above rocks and an ocean of inspiration. Having been to Greece before, I was surprised by the natural beauty of the island.
Its unique beaches served not only as fun places to spend the day, but also as places to be mesmerized by the beauty of nature. I enjoyed each day whether I was swimming in crystal blue water, exploring the local town shops and history, or partaking in an art class. And, of course, the amazing Greek food did not disappoint! Following a difficult year, I left the retreat feeling recharged and I’m excited to end the year focusing on being healthy. Thanks for the awesome experience! —Alexia
Katrina did a fantastic job organizing a retreat that equally focused on mind and body renewal through daily workouts, in depth journal prompts, meditation and yoga.
It felt great to start each day in beautiful Milos with meditation and physical activity and end each day with sunset yoga – practices that I once thought were very difficult to incorporate into my daily routine and now am excited to bring home with me! This retreat taught me more than I thought possible in just a short week, I cant wait for the next one! — Kara
How to get there
Fly into Athens International Airport then:
Take a high-speed ferry from the port of Piraeus. The high-speed ferry takes approximately 2.5 hours from Port of Piraeus. Ferries are also available from other islands if you plan to extend your stay and explore other islands in the Cyclades.
Ferry options: Ferry hopper, SeaJets,
Depending on your arrival, you may need to stay the night in Athens and take an early ferry the next morning.
What to pack
- Multiple sets of fitness/yoga clothing that are light and breathable
- Bathing suit (at least 2, recommended)
- Seasick bands (in case you need for your ferry)
- A book to relax for pool/downtime and perhaps to exchage with someone on the retreat
- We will provide a journal, but you may want an extra one to write down thoughts/emotions/creative ideas that spring up during the week
- An open mindset ready for growth and igniting the goddess within you
- A celebratory outfit for our final evening together