Yoga and Pilates Retreat by the Sea, Spain | 19 – 24 May / 2 -7 June 2022
This retreat has a special offer on. Receive a complimentary 30 minute reflexology, power facial or back neck and shoulder massage when you book through Soul Seed Travel. Fill in the form to make an enquiry or booking and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also contact the team direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga and Pilates Retreat by the sea
Join us for a 5 night Yoga and Pilates retreat by the sea and immerse yourself in gorgeous sunshine, big open blue skies, fresh sea air, beach time and feast on delicious healthy food.
Plus, super experienced yoga and pilates teachers will help you open, lengthen, quieten and strengthen your body with two classes a day with time in between to explore this stunningly beautiful area with the optional biking, hiking, horse trekking or simply relax by the pool with a great book and soak up the sun’s rays.
Based at a 300 year old olive farm – now a 4* country house hotel – set in acres of orange & olive groves near the sea. This peaceful setting is the perfect base to get away from your normal routine and get a fresh perspective on life.
Whether you’re a keen beginner or have a regular yoga or Pilates practice, this retreat will meet you where you are with small groups of 12 and classes for beginners and intermediates/advanced plus workshops to help progress and deepen your practice.
There’ll be plenty of opportunity to get outside and be in nature too with a guided hike, bike ride, horse trek, visits to the beach, take part in a Spanish cookery workshop, rest by the pool or enjoy pampering therapies.
And don’t worry, these retreats are super relaxed. So if there is a morning where you want to sleep in, please do. If there’s an afternoon you would stay longer by the pool and skip class, that’s ok! Whatever you feel you need, please do.
Yoga and Pilates
Yoga and Pilates, when practiced together, create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility. You’ll feel stretched without being pushed beyond your physical limits.
Each day includes a session of yoga and a session of Pilates. No-one will feel out of place or under pressure as there is a class for keen beginners and a class for intermediate/advanced.
Our teachers are dedicated to their chosen field of yoga or Pilates and so what you’ll receive is the pure form of both disciplines rather than a ‘yogalates’ blend. And, with just 12 students in each class, there’ll be plenty of space to practice and individual attention from our teachers.
Pilates sessions are mat based and include a variety of efficient movements using Pilates equipment to build a strong toned body. Yoga sessions include the deep stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa flow yoga to stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement.
In addition to the daily classes, there are 3 extra workshops – included in your holiday fee – to help deepen your practice.
There is a calming Meditation workshop, an ‘Essentials’ workshop where we’ll run through the basics of both yoga and Pilates and an ‘Intensive’ immersion for those with a little more experience.
Together, yoga and Pilates create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility.
Each day begins around 8am with a cup of herbal tea and fresh fruits whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am you’ll head to your 90 minute yoga or pilates class before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch served alfresco by the pool.
Feast on seasonal fruits, local cheeses and cold cuts, wholesome cereals, yogurts, tortilla, fresh eggs, local tomatoes and avocados, breakfast cake, breads and pastries, jams, honey, juices and teas.
Following breakfast, you can choose to join the optional activity for the day (see below), explore Altea town, book therapies or just head to the pool (or beach) with a good book and enjoy the sunshine.
Late afternoon you’ll have another yoga or Pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. All but two evenings we dine at the hotel.
On your free nights your tastebuds are free to explore the many dining options locally and on one of these free evening we will organise a meal at a local restaurant which we’d love you to join.
Everything is optional and if you decide to have a lie-in one morning or stay by the beach for an afternoon and skip class, no problem! Just do what your body, heart and soul needs.
You can look forward to delicious, freshly prepared Mediterranean vegetarian menus prepared with love and making use of fresh seasonal produce that grows abundantly in this region. Fish will be offered some nights too and, as this is not a strict retreat, wine is available for those that would like a savour a glass or two with their meals.
Included in your stay is a mini ‘breakfast’ of fresh fruits & herbal teas each morning prior to class to help you slowly awaken, full buffet breakfast after class and super tasty vegetarian meals on three of the evenings.
On two evenings your tastebuds are free to explore local dining and on one of these evenings we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish. There is a wide choice of tapas bars, cafes, bakeries and excellent restaurants if you get a little ‘peckish’ during the day.
You’ll stay at this 300 year old Olive farm in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante (airport transfers available – see below). The farm has been owned by the same Spanish family for generations before they decided to reform it in the late 1990’s to a 4* country house hotel.
The hotel has a brilliant location, sitting at the very point where the countryside meets the edge of town and so we’re surrounded by country views but yet, we’re an easy 10 minute walk to the nearby white washed town of Altea – considered to be one of the prettiest in the area – and an easy 25 minute walk to the beach.
The hotel has a pool, 20 spacious double ensuite rooms, small gym & sauna, a spacious yoga studio with lovely mountain views and a restaurant that creates delicious vegetarian and fish dishes for us whilst Vincenta – the hotel owner – brings fresh eggs from her happy hens and bakes a delicious breakfast cake for us every day – heaven!
* 13k ‘coast & country’ walk on your first morning to get your bearings in the great outdoors
* If you’ve a little energy you could join the aerial yoga class, a guided bike ride or the hike in the mountains
* Brush up on the basics in the of yoga & pilates ‘Essential’ workshops
* Go a little deeper in the yoga & pilates ‘Intensive’ immersions
* Enjoy super pampering with our elite wellness team – massages, facials, reflexology, reiki, body treatments & more
* Relax poolside or at the beach with a good book or take a siesta in your room
* Explore Altea at your own pace with its pretty streets, little boutiques & alfresco cafes
Prices are in British pounds
* 5 nights accommodation in a spacious double or twin ensuite room. We don’t ask – nor expect – solo travellers to share, all solo guests are given their own ensuite room for an extra £75.00 for the week.
* Welcome gathering & refreshments day one – chance to meet everyone
* Daily ‘ light breakfast’ of fresh fruits & herbal teas prior to morning class
* Bountiful brunches each day after morning class
* Nourishing vegetarian dinners at the hotel – fish offered too. During your stay there are two evenings where your taste buds can explore local dining.
* Daily 90 minute Pilates class with experienced teacher
* Daily 90 minute Yoga class with passionate caring teachers
* 90 minute Meditation workshop to help cultivate deep inner peace
* Yoga & Pilates ‘Essentials’ workshop
* Yoga & Pilates ‘Intensive’ session
* Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike to invigorate and familiarise you to your new ‘home’
* Optional Aerial Yoga workshop, guided bike ride, mountain hike, Spanish cookery workshop & therapies (from €35)
* Services of a Retreat Manager to help organise your stay
* Unlimited herbal teas throughout – do away with the caffeine!
* Plenty of time to relax by the pool, read, snooze and explore the local sights
* Lots of juicy conversations with like minded people!
Does not include
* Dinner x 2 evenings. One of these evenings we will organise a group meal at a local restaurant
* Lunch, therapies, biking, horse trek, therapies and drinks from your hotel
* Airport transfers from/to Alicante airport at selected times – €40 each way, paid at the hotel
What past guests have said
“5 wonderful days of yoga, pilates, healthy eating and excellent facilities with friendly teachers, instructors and therapists. Professionally and knowledgeably organised with many personal, individual touches. I will return very soon!”. Ann
“I loved the tranquility of the hotel, its location and the food. It was great to see a group of strangers grow & laugh together. Nicole’s attention to detail and care of her clients has been exceptional and made the experience a real treat”. Sabine
”I really enjoyed this retreat, the location was stunning and the yoga & pilates were excellent. I would definitely come back because I had such a great time.” Lucy
“I came knowing nothing about Yoga & Pilates but have learnt so much – particularly with regard to breathing. I have had the most amazing time and feel I have achieved a great deal and met some incredible people”. Carole
How to get here
Private group transfer from/to Alicante airport is available for this retreat. The transfer aims to leave the airport on arrival day between 11-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day for midday. Please ensure your flight lands no later than 12.15 on arrival day and departs no earlier than 13.30 on final day.
Transfers take an hour to the hotel & cost €40 each way, payable at the hotel. Transfers must be pre-booked. For flights outside of our transfer times, we can book either a private taxi for you (circa €100) or a seat on a local ‘resort hopper’ bus service (circa €40) – please ask for details before booking flights.
To make an enquiry or book this retreat, send your request to the team who will get back to you within 24 hours or email us directly on email@example.com.