Welcome to The Circle Of Desire Glamping Retreat located in the heart of Abruzzo, Central Italy . Set between the Adriatic sea and the Appennine mountains amongst rolling hills of olive groves in what’s known as Abruzzos finest olive oil production lands close to Pianella and Loreto Aprutino.
Cerchi Del Desiderio (Circle Of Desire) is located amongst 10 acres of land with 350 olive trees, stables for horses, yoga and meditation decks, botanical breakfast room, splash pool, magnificent panoramic views of Gran Sasso Mountains to one side and rolling green hills, medieval hilltop towns to the other side. At night you can sit back relax and view silhouette of the mountains, glistening twinkles of distant lights or stargaze from your bed.
Set amongst 10 acres of land with over 300 Olive Trees and panoramic views of Gran Sasso Mountain range there are lots of grassed areas to lay your mat, stretch and breathe deep whenever you like.
Wooden Sun Shaded Deck
During retreat Yoga sessions there is a large wooden deck with sun shades for those hotter summer days. The deck overlooks the Mountains, Vine Yards and Olive Grove and is the perfect space to relax with scatter cushions and a book when not in use for Yoga workshops.
Inside Zen Room
In the main building next to the Restaurant and Greeting area we have a botanical themed wooden extension that doubles into a reading room/meditation room when not in use for Yoga workshops.
With mixed style seating made up of hammocks, cushions and sofa chairs it’s the perfect space to carry out class room based workshops & creative learning sessions in a relaxed atmosphere. Projector with screen is also available to use for workshops/subject learning sessions.
Both outside Yoga Deck and Zen room can fit up to 16 people but we prefer to host retreats that are around 12 people so that it feels more comfortable, intimate and less cramped.
- 12m x 5m Cooling Pool with sun lounge overlooking the old stable blocks and Olive Groves.
- Hammocks dotted around the land in Olive Trees for people to relax in their own private piece of our Oasis.
- 5 Toilets and 4 Showers divided into 4 separate bathrooms located in our main building less than 1 minutes walk away from accommodation.
- Restaurant for up to 30 people
- Fully kitted commercial kitchen.
- Communal guest kitchen located next to the pools BBQ area with fridge and gas hobs.
- BBQ area
- 10 acres of grass, meadow and olive groves.
- Free car parking onsite
- Library area with many wellness, spiritual books and local information.
- Countryside location just 3 km from the nearest town with all regular amenities and restaurants, cafes.
- Regular bus service available in Pianella just 3km away
- Bike hire onsite available (please note we only have a few bikes available onsite but can arrange hire for full group externally if required)
Welcome to the Greenest Region in Europe. Whether you’re an Adventure junkie or cultural beaver, Abruzzo has something for everyone, with an endless list of Activities available you would need a month to do them all!
Abruzzo has it all. Wonderful lakes, the Adriatic coastline, uncontaminated parks, 3 National parks, breath taking mountain ranges, magical medieval towns, all varieties of nature, climate and landscapes: in springtime, you could be laying on a beach, then walking through the streets of one of the gems towns of this area, and within an hour finding yourself on the top of one of the ski resorts in the Majella National Park. In March/April you can ‘Ski by morning, Sunbathe on the beach by the afternoon.
Abruzzo coastline stretches 133km of the Adriatic with transparent seas, golden sands, shallow shores, shady pine groves, steep cliffs, promontories, pebbly coves and over 20 blue flagged beaches.
In the centre of Italy between the Mediterranean and Adriatic seas lie the ski areas of the Abruzzo Apennines. With 100’s upon 100’s of beautiful landscaped treks for all levels it’s easy to plan a days hike and simple walk in these mountains soaking up the beautiful panoramic views or exploring the faun and flora of the region.
Amidst the Mountains are several lakes with clear cool waters two of our favourites being Lago Di Scanno and Lago Barrea where you can bathe, swim or take a kayak/canoe ride whilst listening to the natural sounds of acoustics and gaze at the mountains with wanderlust eyes.
Onsite activities that can be arranged:
- Local cuisine cookery classes inc Pasta and other regional speciality foods.
- Vegetarian/Vegan cookery classes
- Nutritional talks/workshops
- Specialist Meditation workshops
- Holistic massage treatments
- Cycle hire
- Wine tasting at the neighbouring vine yard
- Craft / Homemade natural beauty making products
- How the BEST olive oil is created and the major health benefits of Olive Oil workshop, walk and tasting.
Off site Activities available (pre organisation of these events strongly advised)
- 100s and we mean 100s of trek
- Horse Riding country or mountain locations available for full or half day treks.
- Endless possibilities for excursions for mountain bikers and road bikes 120km coastal cycle path
- Canadian canoeing on one of the cleanest clearest rivers in Europe, River Tirino and Il Bosso
- Kayaking rivers or seas
- Kite surfing
- SUP (paddle boarding at the Beach)
- Wake Boarding
- Bungee Jumping off Ponte Di Salle Bridge
- Sky Diving
- Parachute and paragliding lessons
- Go Carting – 10 minute drive from us
- Roller blading, skateboarding, running, speed walking down the beach front is very popular amongst locals many referring to it as Italian version of LA!
- Fat Bike Mountain Trials
Culinary Tours and Cultural History
- Wine Tasting – Two vineyards in walking distance
- Culinary Tours
- Cooking Workshops – Onsite and offsite options available
- Sunset Fish Cruise – bathe, swim, fish, eat, drink and be merry
- Famous Trabocchi Fish Restaurants – a MUST visit for all fish lovers
- Castles & Hermitages
- Trans Siberian mountain train excursion from Sulmona to Roccaraso
- Snowshoeing (Dec-April)
- Skiing & Snowboarding (Dec-April)
- Cross Country
- Apennine Skiing
- Snow kiting (Dec-Apr)
We can arrange daily onsite catering in our restaurant area to include breakfast, dinner and lunch or just breakfast and dinner.
Prices may vary depending on your menu options but average around the costs of 25-30 euro per person per day.
Your are welcome to do your own catering but must present a hygiene/handling of food certificate as our venue will not take any responsibility for poor quality of food/preparation. When supplying food to paying guests its imperative that you have the right skills, knowledge to deliver quality, fresh, correctly cooked foods.
Booking terms / pricing
To secure a booking for venue hire or a retreat hosted by our venue please see the following terms.
- 30% non refundable deposit required at time of booking.
- Full balance of booking required 6 weeks prior to first day of reservation period.
- Payments to be made in full.
- Payments can be made via BACS, Card, Paypal or Cash. Please note Card and Paypal payments may require an additional small % fee added no more than 2.5%.
- Local Taxes – Italy charges local and regional taxes for all accommodation rental properties which will included in the hire prices but may be listed separately on your invoice.
- No refunds for cancellation will be given unless it is under the circumstances of bad health or death to which we will require proof for any cancellation to be refunded.
- The property is also our home, we happily invite guests to share our little oasis but we ask that all guests must fully respect our premises and privacy areas.
1 week hire 2500 euros
5 day hire 1800 euros
3 day hire 1200 euros
Location and how to get there
Located between two traditional Italian Towns Pianella & Loreto Apruptino in the region of Abruzzo, Central Italy.
Just 18km from the beaches of the Adriatic and 25km to the Apennine Mountains. The nearest airport is Pescara just 20 minutes drive away or Rome Airports 2.5 hours, there is also Ancona Airport to the North which around 2 hours drive.
Both Rome and Ancona can be reached by train and bus. For National bus routes, times and costs please visit www.flixbus.com Or www.prontobusitalia.it We often use Pronto Bus and Flix Bus which are excellent and very economical for travelling all around Italy.